Start Date: July 2022
Location: Staines, UK
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
The learning marketing internship provides an excellent opportunity to learn from and be a part of a field marketing team for VMware Learning business unit.
As a marketing intern you will work and support various teams in Europe Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), including direct sales, partner managers and subscription success reps; whilst also collaborating with our counterpart field marketing teams in Americas (AMER) and Asia-pacific & Japan (APJ) and global product marketing. This will provide you with a broad experience of the BU marketing function and learn best practices from the different areas within it.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes you will work towards completing?
During the initial phase, you will engage individuals across the Learning org to gain insights and understand how marketing supports their goals. There will be a strong emphasis on collaboration, engagement and learning across the marketing and field teams during this time.
You will become familiar with the systems, processes, and tools to support and measure success of marketing activities.
Within 90 days you will be managing some of the marketing activities, including article & newsletter curation, and updating internal repositories.
Within 180 days, you will be a Learning advocate to internal and partner organisation teams, providing useful information on Learning initiatives, new course releases and driving registrations.
By the end of your internship, you will possess knowledge of all local Learning initiatives, promoting new offerings and driving registrations, and be an advocate for VMware learning in the business.
You will also be required to attend, and participate in local and global online meetings, local events, and quarterly business reviews throughout the 12 months. These could be virtual or in person.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- work with EMEA Field marketing and partner business managers (PBMs) on allocation of development funds, create enablement on marketing tools and processes, budget claims, and general support of integrated campaigns.
- create regular internal communications to specialist, channel, and professional services teams.
- establish close working relationships with Learning field marketing teams, sales, and operations to share best practices, improve processes and foster collaboration.
- help to develop customer-facing content, specific to the needs of EMEA
- need strong alignment with the Learning sales team in EMEA on campaigns, marketing efforts and lead generation.
- support EMEA Field Marketing at interlock sessions, planning meetings, localized events, and quarterly business reviews.
- align closely with our EPIC2 values, driving Force for Good
- be an essential contributor to a vibrant business unit and will require excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Your day-to-day work and specific deliverables will vary, as you develop in the role you can expect the tasks to increase but will always receive the required training and support to ensure you are successful.
What is the Leadership like for this Role? What is the Structure and Culture of the Team Like?
You won’t have any leadership in your day-to-day role.
Your main team is based in EMEA, but you’ll be engaged with extended members of the field marketing team in AMER and APJ and global product marketing. We have a very open, friendly, and innovative culture in the team, so we would like your participation in collaborative discussions.
Where is this Role Located?
Flexible: The location of this role is flexible. Work will be done from the Staines office some days during a week and other days remotely.
What are the perks of working at VMware as an Intern?
You will be in a work environment that promotes your health and wellbeing through flexible working hours, EPIC 2 Days Off and other Wellness Actives.
Grow your career through various programs such as Women Connecting Women Mentorship Program, involvement in our DE&I Power of Difference Communities and a range of fun social activities and specific Intern Learning and Development Tracks.
You will have the opportunity to build your network across the EMEA region and beyond and give back to your local community with 8hrs of VMware Service Learning.