The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
The Commercial Sales Program provides an excellent opportunity to be part of a fast paced, exciting environment with a vibrant team to support you.
As a Sales Graduate you will report into the UKI Sales Director and work closely with the sales teams across a variety of sectors including both public and private.
This exciting role combines on the job training with real life exposure to how the sales cycles is managed through its entirety.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the 12 months you will work towards completing?
- During your first 30 days you will meet the wider sales team members and start to build relations with them whilst understanding their particular business.
- You will become familiar with the systems and processes used by the sales team to qualify opportunities and build out complex proposals.
- Within 90 days you will be managing some of the sales support functions including forecast reporting, trend analysis and ROI models.
- Within 180 days you will be in a position to run your own sales campaign with one of our channel partners. This will provide valuable experience in building pipeline.
- Within 360 days along with the above, you will have the opportunity to manage and run your own direct sales campaign and attend face to face meetings with the support of an account manager.
You will also be required to attend sales meetings throughout the 12 months. These can be either in person or virtual.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Sales Pipeline Reporting
- Sales Support
- Managing Sales Communications
- Lead Management
- Proposal Analysis
Your day-to-day work and specific deliverables will vary depending on the specific sales cycle the team are in. This role will provide you with the ability to input your own ideas and shape the sales process moving forward. You will be an essential contributor to a fast paced team that requires excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
What is the Leadership like for this Role? What is the Structure and Culture of the Team Like?
Nathan Mayer manages the UKI Commercial team, his main role is to ensure that you as the Intern are successful in the program and to offer continued support throughout the 12 months.
There are 2 other managers within the team that will provide coaching and guidance. The management team have a wealth of sales experience that they are willing to share. They are keen to make sure you gain the right exposure and experiences to help build a foundation for your future career choices.
Where is this Role Located?
Flexible: The location of this role is flexible within the UK. Work will be done from the London/Staines office some days during a week and other days remotely.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation,
trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes