Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
At VMWare Partner Marketing Organization we are focused on working with VMware business partners to drive additional pipeline and help them to transform together with us to subscription business model.
Every new job is an opportunity for growing your career. VMware is growing and growing fast. You can be a part of our growth story as VMware is the only company perfectly positioned to provide the multi-cloud platform for all the applications our customers need to accelerate their business today, and in the future. Joining VMware gives you long-term opportunities to expand your skills with annual education and/or training reimbursements, job rotation programs, subscriptions to online training platforms and employee networking groups.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
You will be part of the CEMEA Partner Marketing team responsible for developing and executing VMware’s integrated marketing strategy to create pipeline and drive scale with our channel partners in Germany – spanning distributors, aggregators, solution, service, and cloud partners providers including selected Alliance partners relationships. You will report to CEMEA Partner Marketing Manager, working closely with Partner Marketing Manager Germany, having dotted line to DACH Marketing Director.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with German Partner Marketing Manager (PMM) on allocation of development funds and executing upon joint campaigns with selected group of VMware business partners
- Support the German PMM with partners enablement on marketing tools and processes, budget claims, Partner Demand Center content to support integrated campaigns.
- Plan and implement social media and social proof campaigns for specific marketing goals in coordination with PMM
- Support PMM to create regular Channel communication and set-up partner webinars (DACH)
- Strong alignment with the channel sales and marketing teams to maximise budget investment impact and ROI contributing to overall DACH Marketing KPIs
- Leverage and drive adoption of EMEA-wide marketing tools and programs such as Partner Marketing Catalogue, Partner Portal and Concierge Service to ensure we drive scale through the channel
- Support EMEA-wide events & incentive programs deployed in Germany
- Closely track priority KPIs such as pipeline contribution and ensuring the successful allocation and approval of Development Funds and partner dedicated OPEX Funds
- Establish close working relationships with our partner and direct marketing teams to collaborate on regional and local initiatives with Partners
- Stimulate partner understanding of VMware mission and brand; and ensure successful, integrated marketing efforts following our SaaS journey
- Align closely with our EPIC2 values, driving Force for Good alongside our partner community
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a must for this role with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders in cross functional team environment
- Fluent in German and English languages
- Basic knowledge of the IT Channel landscape/business in Germany is a clear advantage
- Passionate about contributing to a fast-growing business, develop to be a professional marketing advisor and sparring partner for the Channel Partners and building & maintaining Partner collaboration.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The hiring manager for this role is Richard Markuzzi Central EMEA Partner Marketing Manager at VMware. Over more than two decades in IT Marketing he has built an expertise in different routes to market and business models spanning from HW vendors to SW and services. As a member of Richard's team, you'll have the autonomy to orchestrate German region partner created pipeline in tight sync with Partner Marketing Manager Germany, the sales organization and DACH marketing team.
Where is this role located?
Fixed: This role will be performed from a world-class VMware office. You will be expected to live within a daily commute of your assigned office.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes