Job DescriptionWelcome to the Avanade Digital Innovation Studios, where the best in creative and technology mix it up to push the boundaries of innovation. We're a fast-moving, big-idea-dreaming, mishmash of designers, UX architects, technologists, delivery experts, writers, and more, who, when brought together, create transformative digital experiences for some of the biggest and best brands on the planet. Sound like a place you wouldn't mind hanging your hat? Great, in North America you can find us in Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, NYC, Raleigh, Seattle, and Toronto.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced front-end developer to drive the delivery of user experience for digital products and services. If you’re interested in pushing the envelope of front-end development, have a self-starter attitude and a passion for innovation, we want to talk to you.
You’ll be working in a small agency team backed by the firepower, training and knowledge of a leading consultancy on projects with the potential to impact the way people work, live and play.
We’re looking for an awesome person who can work well with others and has a solid understanding and appreciation of the role of experience in user interface development, including design systems and component-based design.
In return we’re offering the chance to work on high-impact projects in an agency-like environment, designing for experiences that could range from retail experiences to AI for healthcare and access to some of the best perks and training in the business.
- Knowledge of current development of tools and frameworks used in front-end development: Bootstrap, Foundation, Angular, REACT, Ember, Xamarin, PhoneGap, Grunt, Handlebars, SASS, Less
- 3+ years of experience developing user interfaces for mobile apps, kiosks, web sites etc
- An understanding of emerging channels like chat bots and AI driven interfaces
- Working ability with various programs used in the role of a front-end developer: Visual Studio, Sublime, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Fireworks etc
- Familiarity with common code patterns and standards: semantic HTML, Revealing Module Pattern, Immediately Invoked Function Expressions
- Understand code debugging practices and tools: Browser compatibility and feature support, integrated developer tools, error trapping, breakpoints, Fiddler
- Some experience with Microsoft technologies (e.g., SharePoint, Sitecore, Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio)
- Understanding of UX concepts, techniques and practices
- Experience with development for mobile devices
- Ability to code to meet specifications
- Can work with cross-functional teams and diverse clients
- Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate