Job DescriptionCompanies today are starting the transformation towards the cloud. They are overwhelmed by newly developed IaaS, PaaS and/or SaaS solutions created by market leading cloud services like Microsoft Azure. This internship is about developing an automated deployment of a hybrid lab environment in Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Hyper-V. It allows us to create a POC (proof-of-concept) infrastructure to validate and test new features in Azure that will be used on large scale projects.
The deployment of a lab environment starts in our own Avanade Hyper-V datacenter. After setting up some virtual machines it is time to extend our environment to Azure cloud. Interconnectivity between the two environments will be established by using a VPN connection. The trainee needs to take care of the synchronization between on-premises users objects to the Azure AD Tenant. Finally, as an organization, you need to have a business continuity and disaster recovery plan that keeps your data safe and your infrastructure up-and-running.
We are now looking for an awesome intern that can join our team starting with September 2021 until August 2022.
For the internship the following must be developed using specific technologies:
- Automated Hyper-V deployment: the creation of virtual machines and other infrastructure components will be executed by using PowerShell and DSC scripts
- Automated cloud deployment: the creation of virtual machines and other infrastructure components will be executed by using JSON Templates, PowerShell and DSC scripts
- Interconnectivity: the student will create a site-to-site VPN connection to setup the hybrid environment
- Synchronization: Azure AD Connect is used to synchronize all on-premises AD objects and implement SSO
- Azure Site Recovery: this service will be implemented to manage replication, failover and failback of on-premises machines
Nice to haves (depending on progress):
- Azure Monitoring: explore and implement the Microsoft Azure Monitoring solutions in a cloud or on-premises environment
- Azure Active Directory Application Proxy: provide a secure remote access to a small customized on-premises web app created by the student
- Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS): explore extended authentication
- Azure Security Center / Sentinel: implement an Azure security layer to the environment.
- You are a student in an IT bachelor -or master’s degree
- You want to do an internship in a dynamic and rapidly evolving company
- Extensive knowledge of English, next to your native language (Dutch/French)
- You have a professional -and client- oriented attitude
- You are a team player and can work independently
OFFERWe offer plenty of opportunities in our training and internship programs to give you a chance to grow and realize your future career goals. Moreover, you will be part of a dynamic team of IT professionals within a positive and productive work environment in which excellence is rewarded. And who knows? This internship might be the first step to a challenging career at Avanade.
You want more information or details? Get in touch with us and apply today!