Brandywine Global Investment Management, located in Philadelphia, is hiring an Equity Analyst to work within our Philadelphia office.
The Equity Analyst is responsible for conducting fundamental equity analysis of individual companies and industries, focusing on qualitative and quantitative factors such as valuation, financial performance, competitive industry positioning, quality of company management, etc. The analyst will work collaboratively with the rest of the Fundamental Equity team across a range of geographies, industries and market capitalizations to support all of our fundamental equity products.
- Collaboration with team in analysis across a variety of companies and sectors.
- Run holdings reports, generate new ideas screens, maintain research files, create meeting notes, and other tasks as assigned.
- Progress to independently cover assigned companies, industries or sectors.
- Works closely with portfolio managers to monitor existing holdings and evaluate new ideas.
- Values businesses to determine whether a company’s stock is overvalued or undervalued.
- Considers ESG factors, both risks and opportunities, in each investment.
- Assist with materials for client service and marketing, as needed.
- Demonstrated understanding of value investing concepts and analysis.
- Proven skills in security analysis.
- Strong communications skills, including some presentation experience.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Critical thinker able to challenge conventional opinion.
- Desire to continue to learn.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- CFA or CFA candidacy a plus.
- Two+ years of investment management, accounting, or comparable experience
- Technologically competent.
- Foreign language knowledge is a plus.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:Candidates should:
- If available, provide a research report and a brief statement of investment and research philosophy.
- If outside the area, describe why you are interested in working in Philadelphia *.
- If you do not meet the required experience or specifications, convince us why you would make a great candidate who we should consider anyway.
- Primary work location will be Philadelphia. Currently, due to the COVID 19 pandemic, Brandywine employees are temporarily working remotely. Brandywine Global will continue to follow applicable guidance on the COVID-19 pandemic.
Brandywine Global Investment Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Function:Investment Management and Research
Primary Location:United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia