The Primary Metal business area has a total annual production capacity of more than 2 million tons of primary aluminium and has around 5 000 employees in 16 countries. We produce primary aluminium, recycle, and supply our customers with casthouse products.
Hydro Husnes has about 320 employees and is located at the end of the Hardanger fjord. The plant currently produces 95 000 tons of electrolysis metal and a casthouse producing extrusion ingots.
We are facing an exciting time in light of the decision to upgrade and restart a new production line and an upgrade of the casthouse with the goal of delivering new high-quality products. Upgrading and restarting the new production line will lead to a doubling of production, which means great activity at Husnes in the years ahead.
The long-term strategy for Hydro Husnes is to be the world´s most effective 200 tons aluminium plant. To reach this goal we are now recruiting a dedicated and engaged Graduate - Automation Engineer.
Our Graduate positions give considerable knowledge about the aluminium business and are essential for developing new leaders and professionals in Hydro.
Area of Responsibility
As an Automation Engineer you will work within the following areas where some of the tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Develop, maintain, and improve process control system
- Perform PLC programming, documentation, troubleshooting, and testing
- Identify improvement potentials and translate them into operational solutions
- Collaborate with production and R&D teams to ensure operational advances
- Take our aluminium production to the next level by increased automation and digitization
The candidate will be part of the Technical department and report to the Technical Manager.
- Master’s degree within Information Technology, Cybernetics
- Maximum 2 years of work experience after graduation
- Good academic results
- Good communication and cooperation skills
- Engagement through student activities is an advantage
To succeed in this role, you can work efficiently through other people. We also believe that you are proactive with a result-oriented attitude and strong problem-solving skills. You communicate and collaborate well with others and are driven by continuous learning and development.
The Hydro Graduate Program
The Hydro Graduate Program is a structured onboarding program designed to equip you with the competencies needed to successfully thrive in the position. We see this as the first step towards your longer-term career and future possibilities in Hydro. Some key elements of your structured onboarding during the initial 12 months are:
- Thorough introduction program and follow-up
- International onboarding sessions as well as local trainings and conferences
- Possibility for rotation, normally within your own plant/area
- Dedicated buddy/mentor throughout the program
We offer competitive terms in a friendly and international work environment with interesting challenges, teamwork and room to influence throughout a flexible and diverse working day.
Please enclose a cover letter and copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates etc. Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail.
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Apply before: 11/01/2020If you have any questions, please contact:
Phone: (Norway +47) 94185616
Phone:(Norway +47) 97031556