We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The aim of our Graduate Development Programme is to develop your potential and expand the opportunities for you – giving you an incredible variety of potential career paths. We’ll support you with continuous learning and development through a blend of on the job and formal training, mentoring and a knowledge network while encouraging you to achieve professional chartered status.
The TeamThe GPU team, part of the wider Central Engineering organisation in the IP Group in Arm, produce Graphics hardware and software products for mobile and embedded devices. The Mali™ range of Graphics Processors (GPUs) offers a sophisticated, programmable architecture for hardware acceleration of 2D and 3D graphics.
This is a rare opportunity to work on cutting edge graphics and compute technology with a high achieving international team.
RolesArm Norway is the birthplace of our Mali GPUs. We are seeking a range of talented and hardworking Graduates to join our software Team.
From day one, we will give you real responsibility and start working on live projects - applying your existing knowledge and skills, and begin your developmental journey to becoming a first class Arm Engineer!
So, if you are looking to kick-start a successful engineering career with a world-leading organisation, in a dynamic and highly motivated team environment where your hard work will be recognised and rewarded, then apply today.
Job RequirementsYou will need at least a 2.1 in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or other relevant degree subject (or equivalent).
Essential Skills & Experience
- You have knowledge and a strong interest in the principles of 3D graphics and a sound knowledge and understanding of C/C++
- You have a passion for all aspects of software engineering both within and outside your degree course
- You are a strong team-player
- You have ability to work to tight deadlines
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Hands on experience of application, driver, or OS development (e.g. iPhone, Xbox XNA, or open source projects)
- Understanding of embedded systems and how they function
- Exposure to standards like Vulkan, OpenGL ES, OpenCL, EGL or Direct3D and DirectX”
- Awareness of software development lifecycle and processes
- Use of revision control systems, bug tracking applications, and UML
- Previous work experience within a software environment
- Exposure to 3D graphics programming, graphics processors, or video processing
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for ProgressInnovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our teams to thrive.
- Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances
- Take risks in support of progress
- Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure
- Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not ICollaboration first, egos last.
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it
Be your Forward-thinking SelfSkillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
- Be authentic
- Seek and accept differences
- Encourage curiosity and challenge
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do forward-thinking work in pursuit of Arm's goals
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly hardworking engineers. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
BenefitsYour particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Compulsory pension plan
- Insurance Package (travel, life, disability, health)
- Broadband, Internet home connection
- Two weeks paid leave for dads when baby is born
- Holiday, 6 (six) weeks as per Norwegian Holiday Act
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, parental leave, subsidised lunch, fitness gym in building, game room, team and seasonal social events
About ArmArm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.