Everlaw is hiring an HR Program Manager to help scale a small HR team in a dynamic, fast-growing company! The HR Program Manager will be a central point of contact for initiatives that impact all areas of the company. You will work with stakeholders across all Everlaw functions and levels, as well as supporting HR-internal operations and scaling.
While you will be working on several different projects at any one time, a significant focus for 2020 will be on shepherding major initiatives from Everlaw’s Diversity & Inclusion Roadmap to timely completion and/or scalable adoption.
In your first 3 months
- You will start by immersing yourself in Everlaw’s processes, programs, and tools. You will also be introduced to key HR initiatives across a variety of subdomains: compliance, benefits, hiring and onboarding, employee/manager training, Diversity & Inclusion, scalable systems/tools, and more.
- You will “learn by doing”, chipping in on existing HR workflows and using your learnings to update internal documentation and processes. You will develop a regular cadence and tracking mechanisms for recurring HR functions such as government filings, vendor payments, benefits enrollment deadlines, employee/manager check-ins, feedsurveys, and more.
- You will take stock of the major initiatives and map out paths to project completion over the course of 2020, taking into account HR team bandwidth, larger organizational events, and potential risks/roadblocks. The rest of the HR team will provide close support and detailed context to ensure that you are integrated into team operations and set up for success.
By the 6-month mark
- You will have started driving HR-internal operations and improvements, helping the team prioritize and make progress on a full plate of competing priorities.
- You will ramp up to becoming the central driver and point of contact for large, multi-quarter initiatives that are owned by HR but impact all areas of the company. You will be responsible for checking in with the relevant contributors and stakeholders, both internally and externally. You will be comfortable reporting to the company at large with major project milestones and updates; potential projects include evaluating and upgrading our HRIS, payroll tool, and/or performance manager software to further support graceful organizational scaling.
- By this point, you will still be working on a close-knit and highly collaborative HR team, but functioning without the need for close guidance on a day-to-day basis.
9 months and beyond
- In partnership with our external D&I consultants, you will continue to push the company’s 2020 D&I Roadmap initiatives towards completion. This includes setting up pulse surveys and other avenues to gauge progress and gather employee feedback, informing future iterations of Everlaw’s D&I Roadmap for 2021 and beyond.
- By Q4, you will be able to look back on several completed projects, applying key takeaways and lessons learned to future HR endeavors.
- You have at least 3 years experience in HR or another People Operations function in a program/project management role.
- You have highly developed and nuanced communication skills, both spoken and written. You are able to collaborate productively with employees, managers, and executive leadership alike, as well as interface effectively with external vendors.
- You’re an exceptionally organized person, able to juggle competing priorities with an uncompromising attention to detail and quality.
- You enjoy finding and implementing process improvements, making things more effective and efficient wherever possible.
- You can reliably execute and make progress on long-term, multi-stage projects even without close guidance or an obvious way forward.
- You have exemplary judgement and discretion, and can navigate challenging situations with great consideration for confidentiality and sensitivity.
- You are a constant learner, always seeking to understand the “how” and “why” underlying basic tasks and processes.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- You have experience in a high-growth tech organization.
- You have experience managing D&I related programs.
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for preferred pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
Apply for this job