About StaffbaseAt Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent , officially launched us to UNICORN status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including Vancouver, Kelowna, New York, Amsterdam, London, and several locations in Germany! Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 1000+ enterprise customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Reporting & Data Analytics team. This team is focused on providing our customers with accurate and actionable employee engagement data so they can constantly improve their communication.
You’d be working closely with other Product leaders (EMs, Staff Engineers, VP Eng, Product Management), Agile Project Managers, Customer Care (North America) and your direct reports. Our development team is located in the Americas and our business language is English.
What you'll be doing
- Increasing the engineering health within your team through, hiring, coaching/advising and identifying opportunities and problem areas for individuals and your team;
- Successfully launching features and technology improvements;
- Identifying and building plans for team/project resource requirements;
- Working closely with product teams to ensure alignment and transparency across teams around goals, approaches, technology initiatives, OKRs and roadmap planning;
- Being a technical representative for your team by understanding the technical stack when high-level views are required;
- Defining overall technical vision and technical roadmap within the team;
- Facilitating team specific and cross functional engineering process changes that help the engineering team work more efficiently and effectively;
- Cross collaborating on tech initiatives or feature projects with relevant stakeholders (EMs, PMs, APMs etc).
What you'll need to be successfulOur guiding principles in the Product & Engineering Department are:
- We take care of our People
- We take care of our Customers
- We take care of our Technology
Proven experience with performance management, giving feedback and the career growth of others
An understanding of agile development and ability to coach/support your team to be autonomous
The ability to set and align people behind common goals and objectives
Experience working with product management to influence the feature roadmap to include technical improvements
A technical background in development/computer science
Proven experience of leading a product team to deploy a service into production.
Clear understanding of Continuous Development, Continuous Integration (CI/CD) methodology
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We’re in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
Ongoing LearningWe thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets €1,800/$2,200/£1,650 per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good FridaysSummertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
FlexibilityWhen it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer flexible work-from-home and full- or part-time options.
Parental LeaveWe recognize that one of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits .