Financial Crime Assurance ManagerCompetitive salary + bonus, private health, car allowance, pension
London (Hybrid working)Permanent / 35 hours a week
Closing date – 6th January 2023About Bupa…
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers. Your input will help Bupa to deliver on our purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
About the area you’ll be working in…The Financial Crime Assurance Manager is a new position, created to support and deputise for our Global Head of Financial Crime. You will be a senior member of Bupa’s Group Financial Crime team, engaging with both executive level stakeholders and our Market Unit leadership teams.
What you'll be doing…
- Leadership on strategic financial crime and assurance activities
- Partner with Legal, Finance and Audit to implement robust frameworks across the business
- Provide strategic advice relating to financial crime
- Deputise for the Group Head of Financial Crime as required
- Advisory support on complex financial crime risk management
- Chair the Financial Crime Forum
- Develop guidelines and templates to drive strategic agenda of the financial crime function
- Develop a framework of assurance testing to ensure financial crime controls operate effectively
- Monitor new developments in financial crime related cases, trends and enforcement
- Manage external legal resources
- Leadership and mentoring of junior members of the team
Who we’re looking for?
- Senior Financial Crime expert – significant Fraud knowledge is essential
- Previous experience of implementing financial crime risk management frameworks
- Desirable: previous (D)MLRO / Regulatory role
- Experience of 1st or 2nd line assurance activities, understand 3LOD
- Ability to engage with and influence senior level stakeholders (e.g. CFO, CLO, CRO)
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Passionate about leadership and developing team members
- Strategic thinker, ability to build on existing frameworks and roll out across Bupa
- Ideally a financial crime qualification (e.g. CIFAS, ICA)
Benefits at BupaOur benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. Benefits include:
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service (option to buy or sell 5 days)
- 25% Management Bonus Scheme (annual, discretionary)
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan & life insurance
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various other benefits and online discounts
Diversity and InclusionHere you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Time Type: Full time