Devops engineerStaines (TW18) / London (EC2R) / Leeds (LS5) / Manchester (M50)
Flexible / Hybrid working options
Permanent£60,000 (Neg) + fantastic benefits
Full time – scheduled 37.5 hours per weekHere you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
At Bupa, we’re passionate about technology. With colleagues, customers, patients and residents in mind you’ll have the opportunity to work on innovative projects and make a real impact on their lives.
Right from the start you’ll become part of our digital strategy, joining us on our journey and developing yourself along the way.
- Working in a “DevOps” team, you will work with Developers to provide technical expertise on applications and infrastructure hosted on AWS, Azure GCP platforms utilising terraform.
- Drive higher service performance and availability whilst at the same time exercising good cost control.
- Focus on Automation, removing manual effort and technical debt
- Manage CI CD pipelines across various Production and Non-Production environments.
- Act as a technical focal point when required; such as when a major incident occurs.
What you’ll do:
- Manage infrastructure hosted on Bupa’s Azure and AWS cloud platforms
- Ensure the cloud hosted infrastructure and services adhere to agreed SLA and OLAs
- Manage tools and processes for CI/CD , Docker and terraform
- Manage automation processes
- Provide support services to deliver the required system availability, reliability and performance necessary to underpin business operations.
- Provide 2nd line application support that includes ‘Fix on Fail’, management of defects and change requests, support requests, proactive performance monitoring and management.
- Assist in the creation and optimisation of 2nd and 3rd line support processes.
- Using the in house ITSMF tools track all software service-related Incidents and Problems.
- Provide technical support to assist in resolving Major Incidents, including participating in technical war rooms meetings and communicating to senior management the status and progress of them. Ensure that effective Root Cause Analysis and linked actions are undertaken to prevent the recurrence of incidents.
- Work in collaboration with 3rd party software vendors to ensure services meet or exceed their contract obligations.
- Liaise with internal service users to define, monitor and ensure the delivery of Service Levels. Track compliance by use of comprehensive dashboards and governance reports.
- Adhere closely to the principals defined within ITIL. Particular attention being paid to configuration management, environment management and release management.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience of working in a “DevOps” team or a similar multi skilled team in a technically demanding function.
- Experience or familiarity with
CI/CD tools preferably Azure devops .
AWS , Kubernetes, GCP, docker
PowerShell or any other scripting language
Database servers ideally Microsoft SQL Server
Networking , WAF
Any content Management System, preferably Sitecore
Ideally some experience of working with Windows Server
Why Bupa?We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. You will be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various other benefits and online discounts
Diversity and InclusionBupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.
Time Type: Full time