Requisition ID: 31636
Aarhus N, Region Central Jutland, DK
Work experience: Professional
Type of position: Full-Time
Job Family: Supply Chain and Logistics
Are you experienced within Strategic Purchasing? We now offer an exciting job with great opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment at a global wind turbine manufacturer.
Manufacturing and Global Procurement > Global Procurement > Direct Material Procurement
Vestas Global Procurement is responsible for all procurement activities within Vestas, including leading cross functional category teams, negotiations and contract management, development of end-2-end cost out initiatives, category strategy development and supplier relationship management.
The category for which the purchaser is needed is within Electrical. This area consists of multiple global suppliers spread out over the globe with a 3-digit million EUR spend per year.
This position is related to Switchgears within Converter & Electronics in the Electrical Department- and being part of a global team, which consist of employees in Denmark, Tianjin, Porto and Chennai. Within the category the suppliers are large global companies and the spend is above 50m EUR.
ResponsibilitiesYou will join an motivated team with a very high level of strategic exposure within Vestas. Your everyday activities will be characterized by a very high activity level and requirement to engage in-, handle and prioritize between multiple different projects. Overall expected deliverables include:
- Participate in strategy and roadmap development (Act on behalf of the Module towards the commodity)
- Global Supplier Account Manager for ABB
- Align internally in the Electrical Team for the Platform Launches (Timelines, forecast, supplier categories etc)
- Early supplier involvement - focusing on complexity reduction, design to cost, standardization, capacity risks
- Perform cross functional projects across commodities in the Category
QualificationsThe right candidate has a relevant education within Supply Chain Management, and hold some years work experience within Strategic Purchasing
- Excellent communication skills including fluent in English (both orally and in writing)
- Proven record of professional stakeholder management skills incl. experience with communication
- Advanced skills within PPT, Excel and Word are a must
- We prefer SAP Experience
- We prefer experience with mechanical/electrical components
CompetenciesYou have a motivation which is second to none and a natural curiosity. Furthermore, we are looking for a profile who has/is:
- An open approach to encourage stakeholder inputs and a structured and fact-based approach to secure ideas are prioritized and implemented
- Collaborator and committed to secure the fruitful implementation of the initiatives you lead
- Holistic and positive mindset: you are able to see the big picture from Vestas product offerings towards customers and the ability to connect these to supplier offerings and how they can positively impact Vestas sales and cost out programs
- Strong analytical skills with a natural motivation for detailed analysis
- Structured and fact-based approach
- You are not afraid to speak up and question status quo!
What we offerWe offer you an exciting and challenging job with great opportunities for professional and personal development within a global company in the renewable energy industry. You will be provided with a great opportunity to set your footprint within an essential area in Vestas. You will be an integral part of an international team, with a 'can-do' attitude and who are keen to make a difference.
Additional informationLocation: DK, Aarhus or PT, Porto
You must expect up to 25 days of annual travel activity.
For additional information, please contact Jacob Göttsche, Director +45 52211244
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, however, please note we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 20th december 2022.
About VestasVestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.