Why join the Bright Network Technology Academy?
The Bright Network Technology Academy is an end-to-end structured training programme that will take you from technologically curious to a Full Stack Software Engineer in 12-weeks.
Bright Network have invested heavily in ensuring this is a market-leading training proposition, with the course created by a Software guru with experience in developing training bootcamps for incoming Microsoft Engineers, and delivered alongside other technology experts.
Not only will the Bright Network Technology Academy focus on your technical skills, but it will support you to become a well-rounded and lifelong learner, whilst also developing excellent lateral-thinking skills, as well as gaining the ability to successfully collaborate and communicate in a tech team. You will be paired with a mentor, complete softer skills training, and take part in virtual ‘fire-side chats’ with industry experts.
- Start Date: 12th September 2022
- Length: 12-week bootcamp
- Time Commitment: Full Time (09:00-17:30 Mondays to Fridays)
- Cost: Free
- Format / Location: Virtual (Netherlands based after the bootcamp)
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for individuals who have started their journey towards being a Software Engineer, but aren’t quite ready to start a professional role yet.
- You must be a Dutch speaker who is willing and able to work in the Netherlands on completion of the bootcamp
- The bootcamp is taught remotely in English so a high level of proficiency in English is also required
- A recent graduate in any discipline, immediately available to start full time and open to joining a structured 24-month programme with Bright Network Technology Academy to work in some of our clients’ teams
- Shown prior interest in Software Engineering though self-learning, societies, courses, or jobs etc.
- An expert problem solver and enjoy working through challenges with complex information
- Logical and process minded – breaking down tasks to their component pieces to understand the best route forward
- Enjoy data and understanding how it can be used to drive businesses forward
- Detail orientated and are happy to search through your work to find areas for improvement or identify bugs in your code
- Love learning and broadening your skill sets
- Thrive in ambiguity and show tenacity in overcoming unfamiliar situations
- Online application with CV submission and short answer questions
- Gamified skills-based tests
- Video Interview
- Assessment training days
- Final Interview with the Bright Network Technology Academy team
What will you get out of it?
- A chance to join a market leading Full Stack Software Engineering Training for free
- Full mentoring and guidance as you begin your career in the Technology industry
- The opportunity to potentially join paid employment on the Bright Network Technology Academy as a Software Engineering Consultant with one of our partner companies on completion of the bootcamp in December. Roles will be offered for trainees who successfully pass all stages of the bootcamp in line with the strong client demand.
- A sense of community and a cohort of like-minded aspiring technologists
- Exposure to some of the world’s leading technology teams, and the opportunity to meet with employers to impress them with your newly learnt knowledge.
Places on the Academy will be offered on a first come, first served basis, and so applications may close earlier than advertised. Apply soon to avoid disappointment.
If you self-identify as disabled or have a long-term condition, and require any reasonable adjustments to any part of the recruitment process, please email us here. For more information and/or guidance please visit: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/ask-for-adjustments-at-interview
Bright Network is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants to the Technology Academy regardless of gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. We actively celebrate difference and encourage diversity of thought on our programmes. Simply, if you feel that you would be a great fit for the Bright Network Technology Academy then we'd love to hear from you.
If you're a current student or not available for the dates of this programme, keep up-to-date about future Technology Academy cohorts by visiting our website here, as well as completing our free starter online courses to build your tech skills on the Bright Network Academy page here .