Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary: $3,010.00- $3,605.00
Posting End Date: June 8, 2022
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,500 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together.
- Performs a wide range of complex technical, safety, quality, economic and statistical functions relating to the study, analysis, research, evaluation, and ongoing support of the department’s products and services.
- Performs project administration duties including; project planning and scheduling, allocation of resources; administration of assigned budgets; maintenance of documents and computer records; provision of information to regulatory agencies and training or advising other department staff as needed.
- Prepares and present proposals, creates programs, develops procedures and specifications, reports and computer simulations based on the technical, qualitative, economic or statistical feasibility of proposed alternatives.
- Maintains liaison and provides technical support to internal and external customers as well as industry associations, service providers and government agencies.
- Maintains a current knowledge of all relevant local, national and international standards and regulations pertaining to energy measurement including safety, technical and quality standards.
- Conducts site visits, and product/service assessments for the purpose of assessing compliance with standards and programs, monitoring performance, evaluating suitability of products and services, and obtaining and maintaining a customer base inside and outside FortisBC.
- Maintains a current knowledge of technical, economic, safety and quality developments in measurement technology by attending conferences, training seminars and demonstrations in addition to pursuing other avenues of research.
- Performs duties of a minor nature relating to the above including driving a vehicle which do not affect the rating of the job
- Completion of recognized post-secondary technologist diploma in an appropriate engineering technology, or equivalent.
- Certified or eligible for Certification at the technologist level by the Applied Sciences Technologists & Technicians of BC.
- May require certification by Technical Safety BC as an IN or LO FSR, or equivalent.
- Five years recent, related experience.
- Ability to work as a project leader and without direct supervision.
- Analytical abilities and organizational skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Oral, written communications and presentations skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasion skills.
- Liaison experience with utility companies, government agencies, suppliers, contractors and industry associations.
- Advanced computer literacy including familiarity with applications software in use in the department.
- Valid British Columbia Drivers License.
What you need to know:
- This role is covered under the FortisBC/MoveUP Collective Agreement.
- Prior to the interview, Talent Acquisition will conduct a full employee general record review. This will include, but is not limited to: sick leave and attendance records, personnel file review and letters on file.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give to your community.
Safety is our number one priority, and to maintain the health and safety of our employees and broader communities, we have a number of COVID-19 safety measures in place. This includes a requirement for all new employees to provide proof of full vaccination, prior to their first day of work or the start of their employment. And of course, we will consider an accommodation for anyone who’s unable to be vaccinated due to a protected ground as defined by the Human Rights Code.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.