Mountain View, California /
Office of the CTO – Developer Experience /
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About The Role
Confluent is looking for a Technical Curriculum Developer to help learners become successful with Apache Kafka and Confluent technologies on dev.confluent.io. Working with subject matter experts —and eventually becoming one yourself—you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our video courses and integrated exercises. Great course developers have the ability to see the big picture and be able to break instruction down into bite-sized, relevant components. Crafting a course requires technical expertise, storytelling, and an ability to get to the “why” quickly.
What You Will Do:
- Work cross-functionally with SMEs and other teams (engineering, support, customer success, etc.) to develop effective learning content in multiple delivery styles (includes video, text-based, tutorials, and exercises).
- Design and develop learning solutions and programs to apply adult learning principles and systematic instructional design to enable learners to rapidly absorb technical content.
- Develop exercises, illustrations, tutorials, assessments, and other methods of learning to produce high-quality courses and assets.
- Use project management tools and skills to manage medium-to-large scale content development projects.
- Maintain and update current courses, keeping material in sync with new releases of Apache Kafka and Confluent Platform.
- Liaise with stakeholders to perform needs assessments and analysis to determine training needs based on customer requirements.
What You Will Bring:
- A joy for teaching, making complex concepts simple, and reframing technology in a way that inspires
- Three or more years of experience in a curriculum development role (or similar).
- An undergraduate degree in communication, education, design, or technical field.
- Working understanding of web and media design tools (Adobe Creative Cloud, HTML, CSS)Experience designing and developing training materials, preferably video-based content.
- Demonstrated ability to manage medium-to-large scale programs while working cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with online learning, learning technology, instructional, graphic, and/or web design or development skills.
- Some travel required (<10%).
- Excellent spoken and written EnglishPortfolio and/or eLearning samples are required at the interview.
What Gives You An Edge:
- You know something about distributed systems, data streaming and pipelining, and maybe even Kafka
- Proficient in at least one programming language, preferably Java, Scala, or C# (.NET)
- You know a thing or two about enterprise scenarios and how to connect the dots between developer motions and business impact, and understand the “why” as well as the “what” behind Confluent’s “data in motion” mission.
- Experience with Git and GitHubHands-on experience with Docker
Come As You AreAt Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Apply for this job