Software Development User Interface Engineer II
Are you passionate about crafting robust customer facing applications, would you like to help millions of people plan their travels?
Come join the Core Experience Engineering team! We are building the next generation of APIs and User Interfaces to enable millions of our customers to easily get everything they would like in their trips and offer them the best travel experience ever! We are using the latest ground breaking technology and patterns to ensure we can scale and handle the business and customers needs.
What you will do:As a key contributor to the development of Expedia's Core Experience platform, you will:
- Utilise your experience engineering skills and technical knowledge to deliver value and improvements iteratively and efficiently
- Ensure that visual design is meticulously up to spec and using the best browser based web app technology for a truly outstanding experience
- Work closely team and partners to craft server-UI components reusable across all line of business and units.
- Take care of deployment, performance tuning and monitoring of production applications
- Display a quality approach to unit testing, code review, integration testing, debugging applications.
- Seeking and learn new technical skills in an engineering area.
- Feel comfortable asking and giving feedback and constantly look for ways to improve
Who you are:Here are some of the things we are looking for that will help for this role:
- Bachelor's degree or Masters in Computer Science & Engineering, or a related technical field; or equivalent related professional experience.
- Software development experience in web application development
- Knowledge of CSS pre-processors (e.g. SASS)
- Desire to learn server-side languages such as Java or Kotlin
- Worked with or knowledge of Apollo/GraphQL.
- Familiar with API access patterns (Rest, OpenAPI, gRPC) and their integration
- Built and maintained a software project/product in production environments in public/hybrid Cloud infrastructure.
- Have an understanding of Automation Testing frameworks and Monitoring tools (like Grafana, Splunk, Datadog, etc.).
- Able to test, debug and supervise your own code.
- A Supporting player on sophisticated projects who actively identifies inefficiencies in existing systems.
- ReactJS, GraphQL, Kotlin, Java, Spring, Spring Web MVC, Spring Boot, Maven, Cucumber, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Git, GitHub, GitHub Actions
About Expedia GroupExpedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50 Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.