DescriptionAre you interested in joining SAIC to be part of our partnership providing high quality software engineering services, for our government intelligence agency customer? Then consider joining the members of the DRAGONCONFETTI team as they aid our customer in providing excellent software engineering services.
We have a current need for a qualified Web Developer (WD) Level 2 supporting our customer’s efforts to transform a legacy web application that utilizes Java, XML, EJB 3.0, ICEFACES, Maven, JBOSS, and Perceptive into a newer, more modern system using Java, an Oracle SQL Database, and XML that will be developed with an object-oriented development design. This position is in Annapolis Junction, Maryland. The selected data engineer will:
- Maintain a functioning user-accessible website,
- Code simple websites using HTML, Visual Basic, or other web-based programming languages,
- Support website planning and deployment,
- Write documentation regarding the website’s technical requirements,
- Maintain website technical documentation to assist with website maintenance and upgrades,
- Apply concepts, develops, tests, maintain and supports high-performance, innovative web-based applications,
- Be responsible for troubleshooting software problems and providing solutions to overcome those problems using the latest technologies,
- Work with management and information technologists to determine specifications,
- Use a variety of internet technologies, techniques and tools such as graphics,
- software applications and object-oriented languages (e.g. Java) to create web page elements such as user interface, features, site animation, special effects, databases, and e-business applications,
- In concert with the software development lead, develop, test, maintain and support high-performance, innovative web-based applications,
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex software problems and providing solutions using the latest technologies,
- Work independently on more complex projects,
- Integrate new web products with existing web applications in order to improve the functionality or design of the organization’s website
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- At least eight (8) years of experience as a web developer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related discipline or four (4) years of additional software development experience in lieu of bachelor’s degree
- Ability to utilize HTML, XLM, Java and Visual Basic for web development
- Individuals with experience working with a software development teams would be ideal, but is not essential to be considered for the role
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
OverviewSAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an fostering a respectful work culture based on that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit .