NCS is a leading technology services firm with presence in Asia Pacific and partners with governments and enterprises to advance communities through technology. Combining the experience and expertise of its 10,000-strong team across 55 specialisations, NCS provides differentiated and end-to-end technology services to clients with its NEXT capabilities of digital, cloud, platforms as well as core offerings in application, infrastructure, engineering and cyber security. NCS also believes in building a strong partner eco-system with leading technology players, research institutions and start-ups to support open innovation and co-creation. For more information, visit ncs.co.
Ins8.ai is an AI-powered Automated Hyperlocal Speech Recognition service delivered as an API. Ins8.ai platform is supported by our own speech engine that has the market leading accuracy in hyperlocal usage in Asia.
We are currently seeking an experienced Tech Team Lead to develop, design and maintain our AI conversational AI services for enterprise use in both cloud and on-premise implementations. The individual will work closely with Ins8.ai’s Chief Product Officer and Chief Scientist to align technical directions with business strategies to quickly expand the breadth and depth of the product suite.
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated
The scope of work should cover:
- Drive the technical direction of the Engineering team
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems
- Manage a team of Engineers to deliver across the entire app life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test and support
- As an API Tech Lead you will be leading the end to end Development and Delivery of Microservices and host them in private/public cloud/on-prem
- Mentoring and guiding junior members of the team to improve the overall expertise and skills of the team
- Play a critical role in setting your team’s technical direction
- Hands-on and able to code together with your team
- Promote team cohesiveness, a positive culture and good team spirit
The ideal candidate should have or possess:
- Masters / Degree / Diploma in Computer Science / Information Technology, or equivalent discipline
- A hands-on experienced developer and architect who can also lead and guide an engineering team.
- Naturally curious and continually striving to have impact.
- A problem solver who can apply their skills to technical issues.
- Experience with delivering applications to cloud environments and developer APIs.
- Familiarity with the CI/CD best practices.
- Have at least 3 years of engineering management experience and 8 years of overall software development experience
- Experience in building API platforms, for both on-prem and cloud deployments
- Good experience with OOAD and design patterns.
- Proficient with writing REST APIs, web applications and micro services.
- Proficient with Kubernetes concepts such as Pods, Services, Deployments, Statefulsets, Volume claims, Helm Charts, etc.
- Proficient with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker registries and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with networking and network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP.