Ansøgningsfrist 1. jun
Forventet start 1. sep
Institut for VirksomhedsledelseFuglesangs Allé 48210 Aarhus V
Tidsbegrænset fuldtidsstilling 1. sep 2022 - 31. aug 2024ID: 8039
The Department of Management at Aarhus BSS, Aarhus University, invites applications for a two-year postdoctoral position offering applicants an exciting opportunity to join a new research project on “the Crowdfunding of Science: Outcome and Opportunities”.
The starting date is 1 September 2022 or subject to mutual agreement.
The research projectThe crowdfunding of science project is based on two main work packages:
1) The project explores the benefits and opportunities for researchers seeking funding in this alternative way. Initial questions are:
Do researchers involved in crowdfunding of science perform better than others (e.g., publications, citations, grants, etc.)?
Do winners of crowdfunding do better than people who apply but are unsuccessful in obtaining funding on the platform – e.g., enter a research training program (PhD) or stay in academia – thus does crowdfunding of science platforms work as incubators for scientists?
2) The project also studies how digital platforms allocating this type of funding for scientific research engage with citizens (e.g., backers). Initial questions concern:
How backers with different levels of experience and expertise in scientific work allocate funding to crowdfunding projects relative to the information available and their allocation of attention to this information.
The research applies various micro-level data sources from interviews and econometrics on data from web-scaped data-bases to lab experiments.
The project aims to contribute to the general field of science development and funding.
The project involves local and international collaborators and thus, short research stays at other collaborating institutions, and visiting periods hosted by renowned scholars will be included.
The postdoc researcher will work closely with Prof. Lars Frederiksen from MGMT.
The project is expected to generate high-quality research and is externally funded by the Novo Nordic Foundation.
Job descriptionThe successful candidate is expected to contribute to the overall objectives of the project by being involved in idea generation, conceptual development, searching and reviewing relevant literature, research design, data collection and analysis etc. The candidate is also expected to contribute to the other phases of the research process, including writing papers, presenting results, organizing work and the ongoing development of the project. The candidate must be able to manage own research and administrative activities according to agreed timelines and deliverables.
The position is research-oriented but may involve very limited teaching assignments.
QualificationsThe idea candidates would hold a recent PhD or be close to finishing a PhD relevant to the academic areas of the Department of Management preferably within one or more of the following areas: Management, strategy, innovation, entrepreneurship, economics, sociology, political science or similar.
- Experience with research work and a deep interest in the research questions outlined above
- Strong technical skills in data management and econometric methods. Experience with experimental methods is also a strength.
- Some qualitative methods skills.
- A good academic work record and work ethics.
- Personal competences (e.g., communication skills – oral and written, the ability to work as part of a team, etc.).
- Proficiency in English.
- Enthusiasm for research required. The ideal candidate will be thinking of this position as a platform to build skills towards a research career in the future.
- Willingness to move to and live in Denmark.
Who we areThe Department of Management is one of the six departments at - one of the five faculties at Aarhus University. Aarhus BSS unites the business and social science-related research fields and brings them closer together to reflect the close relationship between society and the business community. As part of a Top 100 university, Aarhus BSS and the Department of Management have achieved the distinguished AASCB, AMBA and EQUIS accreditations.
The department’s research and teaching environment is highly international and culturally diverse with a mix of Danish and international academic staff members and PhD students. We employ more than 160 academic staff including researchers, PhD students, research associates and cover a broad range of disciplines within management. e.g., marketing, international business, organization, HR, strategy, management accounting, innovation management, entrepreneurship, project management, and information systems. We aim to conduct high-quality research, and we give high priority to publishing our research in leading academic journals and presenting it at recognized conferences. In addition, we have a dynamic exchange of international researchers, who stay at the department for short or long periods of time.
For more information about the Department of Management, please visit: .
For further information about the position and the department, please contact Director of Research Prof. Lars Frederiksen: +45 53608842, Email:
If you need help uploading your application or have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact HR supporter Maria Grauert Bodin, Email:
Place of workAarhus BSS, Department of Management, Fuglesangs Allé 4, DK-8210 Aarhus V, Denmark
DeadlineAll applications must be made online and received by 1 June 2022
AnsættelsesgrundlagAnsættelse sker i henhold til samt .
Stillingsindhold og kvalifikationskrav er yderligere beskrevet i .
AnsøgningsprocedureDet er obligatorisk at vedhæfte nedenstående, når du søger denne stilling:
- Curriculum Vitae. Du opfordres til at angive eventuelle orlovsperioder uden forskningsaktivitet, herunder fx barselsorlov, da dine forskningsaktiviteter vurderes i forhold til din reelle forskningstid
- Uddannelse (Eksamensbevis kandidat-, ph.d.- og evt. doktorgrad)
- Publikationsliste (de medsendte publikationer skal være tydeligt markeret på publikationslisten)
- Publikationer. Op til 3 publikationer kan medsendes. I tilfælde af flere forfattere vedlægges en medforfattererklæring om ansøgers andel i fællesarbejdet med tilsagn fra medforfatterne. kan bruges til formålet
- Undervisningsportfolio. De nærmere krav til dokumentationen findes
Læs mere om, hvordan du søger en videnskabelig stilling ved Aarhus BSS .
BedømmelsesprocessenEfter ansættelsesfristens udløb nedsættes et bedømmelsesudvalg. Der gøres opmærksom på, at bedømmelsen af ansøgerne udelukkende sker på baggrund af det materiale, som er modtaget inden ansøgningsfristens udløb. For yderligere information se .
Aarhus Universitet vil være en attraktiv og inspirerende arbejdsplads for alle og ønsker en kultur, hvor hver enkelt kan udfolde og udvikle sig. Vi ser ligestilling og diversitet som en styrke og opfordrer derfor alle interesserede til at ansøge.
Ansøgning sendes via Aarhus Universitets rekrutteringssystem, som kan tilgås under stillingsopslaget på Aarhus Universitets hjemmeside.