Your mission is to work with our customer on projects building web applications for operational planning, tactical training, and decision support. These applications allow users to create and design plans for scenarios to be simulated. This includes physical elements such as placing units on a map as well orchestrating their movements over time, but extends much further to include other domains and elements, such as economic, information and diplomatic interventions
As a team we strive to balance how we build, such that we can move quickly and adapt to change, whilst building a robust and performant solution. To facilitate this, we invest heavily in our design system and a reusable component library.
Areas for Impact
- You will contribute to opinions, best practices and technology choices to set us up for delivering the best possible solutions to our customers.
- You will be an engineer for back-end service and data architectures, and front-end web applications, with a slight focus towards the back-end.
- Operating in a PoC heavy environment, you will have a lot of scope for impact in a customer facing capacity. Helping to break through and define loose requirements as well as cutting through ambiguity
- Working closely with product managers, designers and scientific modellers, you will to help determine and design what we will build.
- Writing coherent, logically abstracted and well structured code.
- Collaborate closely and effectively with members of other engineering teams to find the best path to delivering a high quality solution.
- From time-to-time you may be asked to assist with back-end engineering to ensure customer success.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Experience engineering Single Page Web Applications with a modern framework (React, Vue or Angular) in complex environments
- If you have experience with Go, Node, gRPC, Docker, Kubernetes, or Python, this would be very desirable
- Experience engineering back-end microservice architectures.
- You've gained great experience from customer facing environments and feel comfortable in this capacity
- You're not afraid of ambiguity or loose client requirements. You are happy to forgo perfection over pragmatism in your work.
- Please note due to the nature of this role you will be expected to meet requirements associated with obtaining UK security vetting clearance
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job