- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Analytics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with analytic warehouse solutions, data movement from data stores into analytic warehouses, and with performance/scalability optimizations.
- Experience in implementing analytics systems architecture and cloud computing.
- Experience in the technology industry working with data analytics, data lake, data warehouse and/or machine learning implementations.
- Experience with developing data warehousing, data lakes, batch or real-time event processing, and ETL workflows solutions including architecture design, implementing, tuning, schema design, and query optimization of scalable and distributed systems.
- Understanding of general technologies such as DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, Load Balancing, VPN, VPC, and Linux.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Customer Engineer, you'll engage with customers to understand their business and technical requirements, and present practical and useful solutions on Google Cloud. In this role, you will work with the Sales team to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. You'll help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explain technical features, and problem-solve any potential roadblocks.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Inspire customers and peers to solve difficult problems with novel solutions leveraging a set of technical competences.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Manage the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
Information collected and processed as part of your Google Careers profile, and any job applications you choose to submit is subject to Google's .
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To learn more about COVID vaccination requirements for US Google workplaces, read our .
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.