3rd Line Technical Support & CybersecurityCromwell Hospital – Kensington, London
Hybrid WorkingPermanent Contract
£40k-£45k + BenefitsFull Time – 37.5 hours/week
At Bupa, we’re passionate about technology. With colleagues, customers, patients and residents in mind you’ll have the opportunity to work on innovative projects and make a real impact on their lives.
Right from the start you’ll become part of our digital strategy, joining us on our journey and developing yourself along the way.
This position will require the successful candidate to work shifts (cover from 8am to 7pm) as part of the team rota.
Role OverviewAs a 3rd Line Support Technician you will be providing 3rd Line Support to Bupa Cromwell Hospital’s IT customers by telephone, email and online tickets.
The role will include 3rd Line Support of Desktops, Servers, Network Infrastructure, NAS (Network Attached Storage), VMware environment, Content Delivery and other devices.
You will also be responsible for managing escalations from Second Line to ensure the prompt and satisfactory resolution of Customer Support cases. You will also provide expertise for technical components of IT projects.
What you’ll do:
- Provide hands-on technical infrastructure configuration support across the IT landscape,
- Collaborate with 3rd Party LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
- To assist in maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information assets
- Working with the Security Operations team to respond and triage security incidents as and when they happen
- Escalation point for cybersecurity related incidents and investigations
- Closing out security vulnerabilities on Infrastructure and end user compute hardening activities (OS images, AD, Networking devices)
- Be the escalation point for 2nd Line support staff
- Troubleshoot servers (physical and virtual) and related hardware and software in order to deliver required infrastructure service levels.
- Work on Projects as required, supporting the PM in the Project delivery; build deployment, including providing technical advice.
- BAU 3rd Line - Underlining system monitoring, configuration and administration of Virtual and Physical servers as well as network environment and virtual environment. If necessary, liaise with third-party support.
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite problem resolution for remote users as needed.
What you’ll bring:
- Working knowledge of Cisco network switches, routers, firewalls, competent in making configuration changes to network switches and firewall rules. Troubleshooting network related issues.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Microsoft technologies, Server OS, AD, DNS, DHCP, IIS, WSUS
- Working technical knowledge of Active Directory, Cloud technology and cybersecurity principles and practices.
- Good Working Knowledge of Firewalls, IPS, IDS, Vulnerability & Patch Management
- Working knowledge of virtual environment (VMware and Citrix) & VOIP telephony would be beneficial.
- The ability to present yourself as a technical authority and delivery technical information to a non-technical audience.
- A strong background in Network administration is useful but not essential.
Why Bupa?We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a 3rd Line Technical Support Specialist you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various other benefits and online discounts
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.
Time Type: Full time