About the job
HR ManagerThe HR Manager will look to implement the organization’s Human Resource Strategy in Gainesville, GA. This individual will help attract, manage, develop and retain employees for the local plant. Also, there will be a focus on achieving current and future business objective’s as Marel continues to grow in our industry.
Why work for us?
- Marel is a global leader in the Food Processing Industry
- We help feed the globe with our innovative machinery and full processing solutions
- We are an expanding international organization where there will be opportunities for global travel as well as career advancement
What you’ll be doingKey elements of your role include:
- The Project Coordinator is the intermediary between the customer and the Sales, Sales Operations, Service, Engineering and Supply Chain departments.
- Develop and implement HR policies and procedures to account for all aspects of the employee life cycle
- Ensure the policies and procedures align with corporate direction and initiatives
- Responsible for local policies and procedures to ensure local (Region, country, federal, state) compliance and support best practices. Ensure the HR strategy is implemented effectively, within budgets, and complies with all regulations, laws and employment standards
- Development and reporting on HR KPI’s and analytics for the relevant location/industry/region
- Be a part of the local leadership team and support the goals of the business as they relate to industries or functions
What we’re looking for
- A representative, inspiring and motivating personality, able to connect with employees at all levels
- Strong customer service focus and highly responsive personality
- Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment; ability to diffuse a tense situation
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, and confidentiality
- Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Strong problem solving skills in complex situations; ability to make independent decisions and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements.
- Change management skills
- Result-driven, detail-oriented with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Excellent skills in written and verbal English
- Experience with and comfort working in multi-cultural, multi-discipline organization is an advantage
- The job requires some travelling
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in HR Management or a related field
Commitment to Global SafetyAs a Marel employee you are expected to respect internal rules and actively contribute to the delivery of the corporate Safety policy and guidance to ensure Marel is a safe place to work.
Marel Vision and ValuesIn partnership with our customers we are transforming the way food is processed. Our vision is of a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Marel’s core values are: Unity, Innovation and Excellence.
Interested?If you’re looking to join an international company with a great culture, flexible working arrangements, career growth and development opportunities then click 'apply' and include a resume!
Marel does not accept unsolicited applications from third party recruiting agencies.
To learn more about what it is like to work at Marel,
A career at Marel is open to everyone with a passion for great food, good service and good times. Whether you want to be a cook, a server or work behind the scenes, America’s diner is always open to take your application. Our many great management opportunities allow individuals with strong leadership quality, good communication and people skills, and with a desire to succeed through hard work a chance at a rewarding career! We employ valuable community members and we offer our neighborhood customers friendly, attentive service.
At Marel, we love to feed people.to find out why.