Work is no longer a place. It’s what you do. And how you do it. More fluid, more flexible, powered by your imagination and by some amazing technology! That’s where we come in. We’re Poly. We’re a global outfitter of pro-grade audio and video technology so that employees everywhere can look and sound their best from anywhere. Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to bring professional audio and video meeting technology and services to everyone. Be a part of our journey!
The primary responsibility of Principal Solutions Architect - Google is to provide pre-sales technical assistance and leadership in account opportunities working with Systems Engineers (SE’s) and Account Managers in the Google Solutions Architect’s assigned region on Google-integrated solutions.
You will be someone with stature in the UC Industry who can translate that into a strong meeting presence, and quickly becoming a trusted advisor. You will be able to analyze a situation from all sides, but especially from the customer’s perspective and communicate that analysis to our customers as well as our Account and SE teams. You will be forward thinking and able to communicate that future vision succinctly throughout the Organization and to customer contacts up to and including C-Level.
- You will be a subject matter expert on how Google and other UCaaS providers (Zoom, Microsoft, etc.) solutions integrate/interop with Poly. This is approximately 50% of the role.
- You will mentor the SE community, sales teams and partners on Google solutions, design and competitive differentiation. This is approximately 25% of the role.
- You will provide feedback to the BU on emerging customer requirements. This is approximately 25% of the role.
Your day to day:
- Assist Account Managers and Systems Engineers with strategic guidance in Google focused sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Regional and Local Google Field Teams.
- Provide information to product management and engineering on customer feedback, new features/improvements, etc.
- Act as a leader in the overall sales community for Google-integrated solutions including providing proactive and scheduled technical support for customer engagements and demos.
- Present value proposition, solution architecture, design specifics, roadmap and competitive positioning in formal and informal settings
- Articulate a compelling Poly-Google UC vision across executives and technical decision makers.
- Customer-specific design/architecture development
- Advise on the integration of the Poly-Google solution into existing infrastructures.
- Develop close links with relevant Product Managers and development staff within the Business Unit(s)
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of roadmap & development activities
- Provide feedback on current solutions from customers/field, competitive offerings, and feedback on emerging customer requirements
- Develop documents for SE/Account Team knowledge transfer
- Reference Architectures
- Case Studies
- Design Best Practices
- Actively participate in the Google Solution Forums
- Schedule and perform periodic updates for SEs
- Solution updates
- Competitive differentiators
- Demonstration Best Practices
- Mentor SE, sales and partner communities on UC systems, architectural considerations and competitive differentiation.
What you bring to the team
- Substantial documented experience in a mixture of networking, network applications, Unified Communications and major project development.
- Deep expertise in Google solutions
- Google Cloud, G-Apps, Google Voice and Google Meet
- Expertise in multiple technology domains
- Video Conferencing
- Data Networking Infrastructure
- Unified Communications
- Network Security
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record in acquiring expertise in new technologies.
- Higher education to degree level or similar qualification
- Significant experience in a pre-sales role
- Experience integrating video conferencing platforms with Hangouts, Google Meet
- Knowledge of competitive solutions to Google and Poly
- Established name recognition in the Google UC industry through blogs, speaking events, etc.
At Poly, leadership principles aren't just something we talk about, they're something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where people feel empowered, supported, and included –where trust and transparency are built into the way we work - where creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day.
- C3 – Customer. Customer. Customer: Customer obsession is everyone’s job. You enjoy solving customers’ problems - big or small. You work closely with customers, channel partners and their teams to deliver innovative solutions.
- Raise the Bar: You take pride in your work and know details matter. You know that shavings make a pile. You seek every opportunity to continuously improve teams, products, and processes.
- Communicate Courageously: You speak with candor but aren't a jerk. You constructively challenge your teammates to get to the best possible outcome or decision. Once a decision is made, you fully align and stay aligned.
- Onward and Upward: You learn from the past but focus on the future. You rapidly adapt to changes in the marketplace. You help to create solutions that move the company forward with energy, momentum, and results.
- Own It: You know your business, your customers, and your team – inside and out. You don't sacrifice long-term value for short-term results. You act with integrity, spend money like it’s your own, and put Poly first.
- Take the Leap: Speed matters in business. You encourage and require those around you to think strategically and act decisively. Poly values calculated risk taking.
- Ride Together: We are one team. We do what we say we’ll do, we treat each other with respect, we have each other’s back, and we hold each other accountable.
- Leaders Lead: You know you are part of a larger global community and make decisions as good stewards of the earth, its resources and its people.
Our Commitment as an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, accessibility needs, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
No matter where you’re based, you’ll experience a company that believes that teamwork and collaboration drive maximum impact, seeks well-rounded talent to focused on providing the best customer experience, and understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint. And, top of mind to us is continuously and purposefully building an inclusive culture that empowers all of our team members, across the globe, to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.