Oda is a company on the move. We built Norway’s leading online grocery store and now we want to share what we’ve created with the world! Delivering a huge range of high-quality, affordable groceries and fresh produce to millions of doorsteps is a complex process, but we believe we’ve cracked the code. Using data-driven methodology, with a focus on sustainability all the way along the chain, we are building the most efficient retail system in the world. With solid backing from some of the biggest international investors in the world, we’re proud to be one of the fastest growing companies in Europe.
Our IT team is responsible for many of the IT solutions and infrastructure that power our customer-friendly shopping experience and complex logistics. The team ensures that we have robust, cost-efficient and secure IT solutions, including a large number of back-office and business systems, productivity and collaboration tools, network infrastructure for office and warehouse locations, and user-friendly employee and company equipment.
As an IT Project Manager you will contribute to and lead IT projects. You’ll work proactively to understand the needs of the different parts of our company in a high-growth phase, prioritising and executing to solve them. You’ll join us in constantly striving to find smart solutions to automate, integrate and make sure our tools and processes are user-friendly, effective, reliable and secure.
What you'll do
- Manage IT projects: Lead IT projects across the whole organisation; gathering and understanding requirements, making buy-vs-build decisions, and leading implementation and improvement efforts until we reach the desired goals
- Find and manage suppliers: Research, evaluate and manage software and hardware suppliers, including evaluation, communication and negotiation of pricing, terms and service levels
- Build and spread knowledge: Organise training and help our employees get the best out of our IT systems through internal and external courses, material and support
- Planning and operations: Contribute to budgeting, planning, documenting, risk assessments and other day to day tasks
What we offer
- Colleagues who shoot for the stars and care about helping each other
- A flat hierarchy where we come together across disciplines to solve complex and exciting product & tech challenges
- The chance to contribute to our success. Aligning via OKRs ensures focus, motivation to reach ambitious targets and autonomy in achieving outcome
- The chance to get in on scaling a tech company, and the freedom to shape our path and create sustainable growth for a product loved by many
- A transparent workplace where tools like Quip and Slack helps us to stay in the loop - with fewer emails and meetings!
- A personal development path in a company that cares about learning, and sharing knowledge. Also, the chance to contribute to open source projects (like Django) or meet ups within your discipline
- Hackathons, team off-sites and great lunch from our chefs
- Vibrant and collaboration-friendly office spaces in Nydalen, Oslo
- The possibility of buying stocks to take part in the success of Oda
- A flexible work schedule with a healthy work-life balance
- Help with relocating to Norway
To be successful, we believe you
- Understanding deeply how to translate product and business goals and needs into great technical solutions that scale, and know how to both set and execute on IT strategy
- Are passionate about empowering people and improving the business through technology
- Have a strong interest and understanding of technology, and experience with building user friendly digital solutions that scale, as lean and agile as possible
- Are pragmatic when needed, and enjoy a dynamic everyday life where priorities and needs change.
- Have great communication skills
The following will probably be helpful
- You have some years of experience within IT project management, preferably from a company on a growth journey
- Higher education in a technology-related field, or equivalent
- Fluency in English
As a part of Oda you’ll will be working with enthusiastic, skilled and ambitious people, shaping tomorrow’s shopping experience.
Come build the future with us! If you’d like to know more about how we work, check out our stories on Medium. We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for this job