A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role:You will be part of a highly motivated and ambitious team responsible for manufacturing and development of innovative membrane chromatography products for bioprocessing applications (antibodies, vaccines, etc.) based in Burlington, Ontario, Canada.
- QC release testing of commercial chromatography membrane and device products
- Performance testing of experimental chromatography membranes and devices
- Preparation of protein and buffer solutions using standard lab techniques (pH, conductivity, UV absorbance)
- Perform detailed technical procedures, analyze and communicate test results to team members and supervisors
- Record and document all activities and results according to company standards
- Cleaning and maintenance of QC testing equipment and laboratory space
Who You Are:Minimum qualifications
- Degree or diploma in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry or similar
- 1+ years experience working with chromatography instruments
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 regulated environment
- Strong laboratory skills and the ability to perform varied tasks in a disciplined, consistent and reliable manner
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.