A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role:This sales support role will include project-based tasks that support our MDx, Industrial and Internal customers (Domestic and International). The role will interact with Sales, Manufacturing, and others within the Customer Excellence team. Based on your skill set and subsequent training you will assist with product knowledge questions, quotations, order placement, order status updates and shipment notifications. You will be able to prioritize tasks on multiple projects concurrently as the business need dictates as well as perform duties at an elevated degree of professionalism, independence, and accountability.
- Manage quotation requests, converting customer requirements into manufacturing and ordering specifications. This will extend to our NA strategic account customers (both internal and external) and our international intercompany partners.
- Convert exceptionally complex requests to quotations in collaboration with Product Management, Manufacturing and Technical Services; formatting subsequent purchase orders into a format suitable for order entry.
- Convert purchase orders into a format suitable for our manufacturing LIMS. This may include order entry and pricing of new orders.
- Manage customer expectations post-sale with status updates and shipping notifications. Manage shipping logistics with our international partners and customers.
- Monitor managed account orders to ensure timely processing through existing systems to avoid potential manufacturing delays.
- Critical thinking; see beyond the initial customer request and propose solutions that will satisfy both Operations and the Customer.
- Adhere to and champion the company’s change and configuration management processes and ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2003 quality procedures.
Who You Are:MinimumQualifications:
- Associate Degree in Biotechnology or related Life Science discipline
- 2+ years of experience in a customer service environment
- Organized, with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong effective communicator – oral and written
- Computer literacy – Microsoft office, Manufacturing LIMS, ERP platforms (SAP knowledge)
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills for analysis of customer requests and/or project tasks
- Detail-oriented, preferably with a science background
- Agile and Flexible with the ability to pivot with changing priorities
- Collaborative with an emphasis on “big picture” thinking
RSRMSWhat we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.