A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role:As part of BioProcessing Readiness, Principal Expert of IP Management & Alignment is a critical position in the new BioProcessing Strategy group and is now available. The position will be based out of Bedford, MA or St. Louis, MO. The key responsibilities are:
- Define and execute processes for Business Development (strategic alignment, focus area prioritization, governance) with clear responsibilities and metrics that drive strategic alignment in the BioProcessing business and to other key stakeholder groups (e.g., Patents, etc)
- Develop and deploy frameworks and digital tools to drive increased efficiency and effectiveness of IP landscaping drawing actionable insights
- Structure and drive collaboration with Patents Team providing visibility into pipeline activity, sharing best practices, and promoting value-based discussions
- Provide oversight on process to identify freedom-to-operate opportunities in collaboration product management, R&D, and Patents Team
- Develop and execute process to identify opportunities for protection of company IP
- Define and maintain a framework to monitor the relevant IP landscape, identifying ‘white-space’ opportunities and highlighting challenges with proposed solutions in a timely fashion
- Create purposeful workplace for team members, connecting their individual contributions to the business’ bold, inspiring, and collective purpose.
- Be an inclusive leader effectively managing and building a diverse, multi-cultural and global team, leading with an authenticity that inspires the team to communicate openly and thrive together.
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in STEM field
- 10+ years’ experience
- Strong understanding of the biologics manufacturing business
- Deep experience leading through influence
- Highly collaborative approach in matrixed, multinational organization
- Proven track record of building and developing successful teams in a direct management position
- MBA strongly preferred
- Patent experience
- Scientific experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.