A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Your Role:Is a US field-based position reporting to the Head of Field Applications. The role is focused on expanding the implementation of acoustic cell processing at cell and gene therapy customer sites across the U.S. The key focus is to support ekko™ system placements by ensuring customer satisfaction through technical discussions, performing successful demonstrations, and executing training. Specifically, the Field Application Scientist is responsible for the initial frontline support of the company’s products in the field and building client relationships. Travel is 75% within the US. Must be located in the US close to an International airport. Other responsibilities involving for ekko™ system for commercial activities across the U.S. include:
- Becoming an expert in acoustic technologies (acoustic wave separation, cell retention, acoustic affinity cell selection, etc.) from training provided to propose total solutions and conduct demonstrations for customer needs.
- Performing demonstration and training activities at cell and gene therapy customer sites.
- Developing, executing, and troubleshooting ekko™ protocols at customer sites.
- Collaborating with the Business Development and Field Service Teams to coordinate system installation, calibration, and service for new customers and subsequent system placements.
- Supporting and driving interactions with customer’s scientific & technical teams to better understand customer’s processes, project goals, and applications.
- Contributing to idea generation/ brainstorming activities, design reviews and providing technical input for the ekko™ product design process.
- Demonstrating a self-starter mentality to acquire and maintain technical knowhow to support and further develop customer applications.
- Assisting in technical conversion activities with the Cell Therapy Processing Commercial team during pre- and post- sales activities.
- Participating in internal meetings, as required.
- First three months will be intensive applications and product training in the field; candidates should expect heavy travel during the first 6 months.
- Ability to lift 20 kg
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- M.S. degree in Cell Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, or related discipline, OR a bachelor’s with three (3 plus) years of experience with customer-facing, Applications Support for capital equipment in the Cell and Gene Therapy industry.
- Knowledge of Cell and Gene Therapy workflows or liquid handling applications for bioprocessing
- Ability to analyze interactions between equipment/process/product and provide system level solutions where possible
- Strong communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Strong presentation experience to a technical and scientific audience
- Established and maintained high level relationships with pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and university customer decision makers.
- PhD degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or related discipline.
- Six (6) or more years of hands-on experience in the Cell and Gene Therapy industry from clinical cell processing, process development, or manufacturing experience highly preferred.
- Familiarity with FDA Cellular & Gene Therapy Guidance’s, Investigational New Drug (IND) application process, , and current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) guidelines is desirable.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.