About the role:Avanade is looking for a software engineer who is passionate about software delivery with strengths in continuous delivery, cloud-native architectures and deployment automation.As a client-facing DevOps Engineer, you’ll join a delivery team focused on building and deploying custom solutions for our customers, both remotely and on-site. You will drive and evolve the team’s capability for reliable deployments with early feedand quality gates.
We’re looking for a candidate who can challenge and enable clients to rethink their processes to enable Modern Delivery and DevOps culture. You’ll share best practices for build, test and deployment across a combination of technologies both on-premises and in the cloud.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Coordinate with Business Analysts and Project Managers to understand the system and data, evangelising the platform and assisting with understanding of incoming requirements
- Champion core DevOps behaviors including collaboration, communication, and ownership
- Develop scripts for automation of every aspect of dev, build and deployment process
- Manage a backlog of tasks centred on continuous improvement of the system
About you:As a DevOps consultant, you’re a developer with a unique skillset. You understand the challenges of building quality software but also appreciate the nuances of getting software into a production environment with its infrastructure and security demands.You are self-driven, deeply enthusiastic about technology and capable of getting the job done correctly in high pressure and dynamic circumstances.
Your technical and business skillset likely includes:
- Experience working within an Azure environment using either Platform-as-a-Service offerings like Kubernetes (AKS), Web Apps, Key Vault, or Infrastructure-as-a-Service offerings like virtual machines, network security groups, etc. Azure Certifications AZ-900, AZ-203, AZ-400 are encouraged
- Experience building and deploying either .NET, Java or NodeJs applications using Azure Pipelines, GitHub Actions, Jenkins or Octopus Deploy
- Experience working with network and system engineers to leverage ARM, Terraform or Ansible scripts to provision and deploy cloud infrastructure.
- Experience using either Azure DevOps, GitHub Enterprise or the Atlassian Stack (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket) to manage work items and git repositories
- Proficient with git and recommended branching strategies
- Comfortable using PowerShell or Bash.
- You likely have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related education as well as a strong focus on automation.