Regular (US only)
The key to successful water supply management is the ability to carefully assess client needs and deliver technically accurate, cost-effective solutions. Mott MacDonald serves both public and private-sector utilities and has earned sustained assignments from many clients. Our teams throughout the United States and Canada have extensive experience in all aspects of water supply management.
Last year we became the first company of our kind to be certified Carbon Neutral, globally. Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in all we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities. Water supply is so vital.
Our Iselin office is currently looking to add a project manager with experience in water supply to join our team. In this position you would be tasked with the overall project management of a number of water projects at one time. We're looking for people who can act as a role model and ambassador for Mott MacDonald, articulating and representing the brand, vision and value proposition internally and externally.
Responsibilities of the position will include, but not be limited to:
- Provides administrative and technical management over more than one water resources, water supply or water treatment project.
- Responsible for establishing and periodically reviewing time-and-hour budgets and meeting those budgets on the projects.
- Periodically reviews project schedule and progress on the projects.
- Outlines more difficult problems and methods of approach for other engineers.
- Supervises or coordinates several varied assignments simultaneously.
- Identifies potential business development with existing clients and takes an active or lead role in the proposal process.
- Maintains continued relationship with client after project is finished to assure securing future work the client may have.
- Performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more-diverse project.
- Applies intensive/diversified knowledge of engineering/scientific principals/practices in broad areas of assignment and related fields.
- Calculates cost and determines feasibility of project based on analysis of collected data.
We invite applications from candidates with the following experience:
- B.S. Degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering required.
- 6-10 years' experience in water engineering.
- Both design and management of water related projects.
- Mentoring of less experienced engineers.
- PE or ability to obtain within one-year in the state of NJ required.
- Self-starter with ability to lead and manage people and projects.
- Commercial approach to delivering projects.
- Skilled in technical writing.
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. , , .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
Project programme and commercial management, Water
Water and wastewater