Job TitleTechnical Intern
Axis is growing! What is Axis?Axis offers intelligent security solutions that enable a smarter, safer world. As the global market leader in network video, Axis is driving the industry by continually launching innovative network products based on an open platform - delivering high value to customers through a global partner network. Axis has long-term relationships with partners and provides them with knowledge and ground-breaking network products in existing and new markets.
Axis is a company; Axis is a culture; Axis is a way of life. The employees here are innovative, dedicated, energetic, charismatic, strive for success, and that’s just the beginning. Our employees are the driving force of the company and seek to move it forward towards the goal of being number one in our industry. We encourage our employees to work hard, and play harder; whether it is a game of darts or ping pong on your break, a pickup game of basketball during lunch, or socializing at the summer outing, Axis employees are always outgoing and lively. We allow and promote independent thinking; we seek to act as one, to be always open, and to think big!
The Axis Experience Center in Rosslyn, VA is a customer-centric site, encompassing extensive demonstration and certification capabilities which include over 100 live surveillance cameras; associated video management software solutions; as well as biometric, analytic, and motion-based software options. The site has over 60,000 options to choose from by a user who identifies varying use-case needs.
You'll love this position if... you want to be involved, learn, promote the technology of Axis Communications, while working closely with a team.
What You’ll Do Here…
In this role, you will be working closely with the local Field Sales Engineer to maintain and enhance the capabilities of the demonstration facility and sales staff by:
- Installing, removing, maintaining, and configuring new and pertinent technology from Axis and its partners to the Axis Experience Center.
- Readying the workspaces of new staff and providing them credentials to the demonstration servers.
- Developing and implementing additions to the Axis Experience Center independently.
- Configuring digital signage throughout the Axis Experience Center to cater to customer visits and events.
- Joining sales staff to assist in the setup and execution of sales outcalls and tradeshows.
- Providing general aid to the sales staff as requested.
What We Are Looking For …
- Outstanding communication
- Responsible, independent drive
- Ability to effectively motivate in a time-sensitive environment
- Occasional evening hours as needed for technical needs during events/receptions
What You’ll Need …
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master degree program, with a concentration in technology, networking, or a similar degree
- Interest in networking
- Two years of the technical university curriculum
Physical Demands and Travel…The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to lift up to 50 lbs.
Type of EmploymentTemporary Employment (Fixed Term)
Posting End Date2021-05-27
About Axis CommunicationsAxis creates network solutions that provide insights for improving security and new ways of doing business. Through continual innovation since 1984, Axis is the industry leader in network video, and offers products and services for video surveillance and analytics, access control, intercom and audio systems.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our commitment to inclusion across gender, age, identity and experience drives us forward. Axis has more than 3,500 committed employees in over 50 countries and collaborates with partners worldwide to deliver customer solutions.