The Department of Human-Centred Digitalization (HCD) seeks to enable organisations to be able to exploit the full potential of emerging technologies and analytics by producing state-of-the-art knowledge on how these best fit with the organization and the individuals in it. A substantial part of the research activities in the department are performed within the international OECD Halden Human-Technology-Organization (HTO) project, where our projects address how human-, technology-, and organizational factors contribute to safety and performance in the nuclear power industry. We also carry out research activities funded by the Research Council of Norway and participate in bilateral and multilateral projects within the focal areas of energy, transport, space, industry 4.0, and smart cities. Some of the questions we seek to address in this research include: What makes people want to interact and cooperate with increasingly intelligent work technologies? How can people be best enabled to perform and thrive in digital organizations and larger socio-technical systems? How can emerging technologies be used to innovate work processes, methods, and service delivery? How can digital innovation projects be best led and facilitated to deliver desired results?
The HCD department is based in Halden and currently consists of 10 permanent staff. We are currently looking for a motivated researcher with competence in organizational psychology/organizational behavior to join our team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conducting research and publishing research work in relevant channels
- Initiate research grant proposals (especially EU and Norwegian research council project proposals)
- Carrying out project management responsibilities
- Required Qualifications
- A Ph.D. or Master's degree in organizational psychology/organizational behavior.
- Candidates with other Ph.D. level degrees who demonstrate a track record of research related to organizational psychology/organizational behavior topics will also be considered
- Preferred Qualifications
- The following will be considered an advantage
- Experience and interest in conducting high-quality research and to publish research work at an international level
- Experience and interest in initiating research grant proposals (especially EU and Norwegian research council project proposals)
- Experience carrying out both quantitative and qualitative research Proficiency in one Scandinavian language in addition to English.
Desired personal qualities
- Proactive and interested in developing the work environment within the HCD department and the department’s project scope
- Capable of working independently, but also a strong team player in multidisciplinary teams
- Interested in applying organizational psychology to new domains Intrinsically driven towards continuous learning and development
What we can offer
- A multidisciplinary work environment and a wide-ranging international network within research and industry
- Possibility to develop research projects in the direction of the candidate’s interests
- A competitive salary based on the candidate’s level of experience and formal qualifications
- A pension plan
How to Apply?
The following application materials must be submitted through the IFE job application portal:
A cover letter describing your motivation and experience that is of relevance for this position
Your CV, including:
A list of your publications in peer-reviewed journals, peer-reviewed conference proceedings, peer-reviewed books, and other important publications.
A list of research projects you have initiated, led, or participated in. Briefly describe the project, your role in it, and the funder
A list of research grant proposals you have initiated or contributed to, regardless of funding decision made. Briefly describe your role in the project proposal process
Degree certificates and Transcripts for all educational levels
Digital Systems Sector
The Department of Human-Centred Digitalization is part of the Digital Systems sector of IFE and located in Halden. The Digital Systems sector has the world leading expertise in research, design, development, and evaluation of complex digital systems. We are currently about 90 employees in seven departments, which in addition to HCD, includes control room and interaction design, humans and automation, applied data science, virtual and augmented reality, and risk, safety, and security.
We place great emphasis on your personal suitability for the position. IFE is subject to the National Security Act, and the candidate must be able to pass a background check and must be able to obtain security clearance and authorization.