Simply.TV is changing how movies, series, TV shows, and sports are discovered on TV platforms and streaming services globally – by radically improving the underlying TV data. We are a young and rapidly expanding startup that is looking for great people to join us on our journey. We aim to keep as many of our interns in fixed positions once the initial internship is over.
So here we go: We are looking for a great candidate to assist and drive business-critical impact by engaging in our keyword space. By understanding the values, needs, and limitations of the end-product user, we aim to create a game-changing keyword space to enable deep transformations to the currently linear user journey, whilst taking into account the overreaching business goals and objectives.
Starting date: As soon as possible, ideally before the 1st of July
Duration: Minimum 3 months
Time/week: Flexible, ideally minimum 30h/week
What kind of profiles are we looking for?
- You master English, German, or a Nordic language (anything else is a bonus)
- You have a natural curiosity to define customer journeys and develop impactful projects
- You like to take on responsibility and can work with creative projects
- Curiosity and natural drive define you and you are not shy to ask questions
- You are an ambitious team player who likes to inspire the ones around you
- You probably love watching movies, TV series, sports, or celebrities – or just have a great understanding of the product, sales, operations, or business development. Then you are our new intern.
Who are we?
Simply.TV is an entertainment metadata provider built on best-in-market technology. A market that is big enough to employ 5000 people worldwide, but that no one really thinks exists. What do we do? We collect TV data (listings/schedules) from thousands of TV channels and streaming services. Then we normalize, enhance and deliver the data to e.g. TV operators, broadcasters, smart TV manufactures, measurement companies, and rights holders.
What makes our startup different? Our technology and mindset. We have purpose-built technology that outcompetes the technology of most other established players and we have a growth and startup mindset. At Simply.TV, the sky is the limit. We want to enable anyone in the industry to be able to create TV experiences that we only know from Netflix and Amazon Prime, where the data is science for its own. We enable that.
We have offices in Copenhagen, Flensburg/Padborg, and Pune (India) today and are going to set up new locations throughout 2021.
More information about us on www.simply.tv – we love entertainment TV data and we have built ground-breaking technology to collect, edit and deliver it. Our previous company was acquired by the market leader.
Duration: 2-6 months. Min. 20h per week.
Start date: Whenever it works for you
What happens after the internship? Our target is to get you on a fixed contract after the internship. That is a key incentive for us to invest time and resources in our internship program.
Internship vs. your studies: Your studies take first priority at any time.
Place of work? If you are based close to one of our European offices, apply for that. But we have also a great experience with remote interns that we get into our offices for multiday workshops. We will get it to work!
Application or questions? Send a short application + your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Simply.TV Remote Internship Program
During the introduction phase, we introduce you to:
- The Simply.TV team
- The industry – market insights, context, and changes
- Our customers and implementations
- Our internal systems
This will be done in person in Copenhagen or where you live.
You will get a deep understanding of our products:
- Product features
- Creation and management of data
- Customer Implementations
You now understand our product – this enables you to dive into the machinery of processes and bring in your own ideas to improvements based on your hands-on work during the product management phase:
- Optimization of workflows
- Improving data sources (English + own language)
- Business Development and Partner involvement
- Roadmap contribution
Area of your interest:
UX & Research
- You will be conducting research to understand the impact of designing an agile keywords space in shaping end-user experiences.
- Based on the research, and analysis and implementation strategy will be outlined and executed.
- You will get freedom in structuring your project, whilst guidance will be fully available to you, at all times.
This phase may be particularly valuable if you are in the planning phase of an academic thesis.
We will ensure that:
- Hand-over takes place to other employees
- Good ideas are summarized
- We will discuss future options between you and us