Job DescriptionMicrosoft Cloud Security Architect, Group Manager (Senior Manager), permanent.
Do you have a passion for providing people with a good security experience? So do we.
Working on some of the largest and leading-edge projects and clients; the role of the Microsoft Cloud Security Architect is a mixture of security solutions pre-sales as well as to be customer-facing and to play an active role in transforming our client’s Security on their Microsoft platforms by building trust with our clients and leading our teams through successful deliveries.
If you have deep technical skills and experience in designing and implementing Microsoft Security solutions, both within Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure and through Windows Server suite this role is for you. You will be able to obtain UK Security Clearance, and ideally will have held this previously. Our offices are based in London, Manchester and Newcastle, thou right now, we only work remotely, so no travel to client site is required.
About you as a Cloud Security Architect:
- You offer clients the kind of security that improves the way they operate, designing and deploying creative security solutions that protect identities and their information whilst enable flexible working.
- You’re a creative problem solver, always thinking ahead and spotting risks.
- With a business and experience focus, you uncover and prevent cyber threats to protect businesses from risks whilst delivering improved ways of working.
- You’re a leader in the space of Cloud Security with a deep understanding of the project and solutions lifecycle, designing and estimating solutions that not just meet our clients, but far exceed their expectations.
- To supplement the technical knowledge, solution architect and project delivery experience, you come from a Consulting background with good customer facing skills, the ability to connect with customers and understand their requirements and produce high quality written work. You will have a passion for growing your own career and those around you. You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. As an Architect, you are willing and able to travel extensively within the UK and Ireland, potentially across a number of different clients.
About the role:The Cloud Security Architect role involves architecting and estimating security solutions and ensuring they are deliverable. Throughout the project lifecycle we expect you to be a present and trusted expert leading and guiding our teams and the delivery of the solutions you and the other members of the Security Pre-Sales have solutioned. You should be comfortable with project delivery from performing discovery, analysis, design, build, test and deployment of solutions. You should be a leader and trusted advisor to our clients, being a significant presence in any meeting, bringing the voice of Security Risk to our clients and our colleagues, helping them to identify and mitigate risk with innovative security solutions. You should be comfortable leading workshops and presenting to large audiences, demonstrating your thought leadership. You should be passionate about supporting and developing other members of the team, both junior and senior, helping them to know what you know, and learning from others that understand things that you may not.
Your skills:You have a deep and validated understanding of Microsoft Security technologies. You will be expected to demonstrate experience and deep expertise across at least 4 of the areas below and to have fully working knowledge of all of the areas and how they interact: Azure Sentinel, Azure Security Centre, Cloud Networking Security including Zero Trust Security, Security Operations, Microsoft Defender for Identity, Microsoft Defender for Endpoints, Microsoft Cloud App Security, Active Directory, Azure Identity Management and Azure AD Premium and more.
As a potential leader within our growing Security Consulting practice, you have demonstrable security understanding and solution architecture experience in these areas is required: Cloud Security Networking (NGFW, DDOS, Zero Trust), Hybrid Identity, MFA, Cloud Security, SIEM, Endpoint detection and response and more.
Additionally, you can demonstrate knowledge, experience and hold at least 2 certifications in the following areas:
- CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft Security Exams
- Please list any other security qualifications
Benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s global alliance partner of the year (14 years in a row), with exceptional development and training (minimum 80 hours per year for training and paid certifications)
- Private Medical Cover, Income Protection Policy, Extended benefits, Bonus, generous pension and much more!
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career advisor to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you
- Reward and Recognition scheme
About Avanade:Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 39,000 digitally connected people across 25 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.