Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Job Area:Engineering Services Group, Engineering Services Group > Engineering Technician
Job Overview:Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
- Perform chipset evaluation based upon engineering specifications
- Troubleshoot complex electrical circuits as well as mechanical equipment relating to the testing of chipsets
- Work closely with the engineering staff to perform tests on chipset and provide analysis of test results
- Setup bench testing of chipsets and test equipment used in manufacturing and software design
- Ability to multitask several tasks throughout a 12 hour work shift
- Perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be a team player
- Work flexible hours
- Electronics Degree, Electronics Certificate, Military equivalent, or 2 years related work experience
- The candidate must be familiar with, RF circuits, complex digital circuits, Unix and/or DOS, mechanical troubleshooting, and have in depth knowledge of test equipment.
- The candidate needs to have excellent troubleshooting skills and have the ability to follow detailed engineering directions.
- Must be able to sit or stand for 8+ hours per day
- Ability to use hands and fingers (manual dexterity)
- Possess good eyesight, both near and far
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs occasionally
- Experience working in a matrix team structure
- Experience with workplace communication tools such as MS Teams, Outlook, Slack, or Discord. Along with Microsoft 365 Enterprise and Workday
- Lean manufacturing certification
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.