The Product Governance Implementation Manager for the ICG role is combination of a Product Governance / Risk subject matter expert and project management role. The person must work with business partners, the various control functions and external consultants, to refine firm wide frameworks, to problem solve and create business specific guidelines and operating procedures for each business. The Manager will drive and support the business leads for the ICG businesses, to operationalize the business specific guidelines, enabling execution and oversight of updated end-to-end product governance processes, within targeted timeframes. As part of this process, the manager must partner with the business to identify which of the existing business, risk and controls infrastructure, policies, governance forums and processes can be leveraged or amended to enable all ICG products and services to undergo a transparent, consistent, rigorous, documented and auditable review process, including the identification and evaluation of significant risks, to Citi and its clients.
The Product Governance Implementation manager for ICG also serves an integral part of the larger Product Governance Transformation team. The team will work together to drive a consistent approach in implementing the overall frameworks, with regular sharing of learnings and best practices between the project implementation partners, across the different business lines. The Product Governance Implementation manager will drive the evolution of business specific guidelines to ensure end to end product governance, embed best practices, any regulatory feedback and other changes due to the changing business environment.
The Product Governance Implementation Manager for ICG reports into the Global Product Governance Implementation Lead.
- Partner effectively with key business and control personnel from each of the ICG businesses to develop of business specific processes and ensure implementation of same, to update and maintain comprehensive and evergreen inventory of all products and services.
- Work with each of the ICG businesses to establish business specific processes for risk rating and periodic risk-based and event based monitoring of products and services in line with newly designed enterprise wide common frameworks.
- Drive and support the business leads for ICG Businesses, to operationalize the business specific guidelines enabling execution and oversight of updated end-to-end product governance processes within targeted timeframes.
- Manage activities rolling up to the in-scope milestones owned by the ICG business workstream for the Product Risk Monitoring programs for the PGT team. This will include:
- Providing regular status updates on in-scope activities, progress of required artifacts and their impact to the milestones the Project Manager.
- Assisting the ICG business with identification of risks, issues, dependencies and informing the Project Manager
- Pro-actively communicating impactful information to PGT team and Project Manager to enable effective decisions making
- Escalating any CAP target date slippage to PGT team and Project Manager on a timely basis
- Identifying changes or slippages related in ICG milestones, analyzing the impact and partnering with the ICG Business leads to drive mitigating strategies to get back on track
- Understanding and collaborating with other impacted and dependent work streams, such as technology, training, GCB etc.
- Partner with the broader implementation team and external consultants to report ICG business weekly progress, changes, and actions items. This includes advising of any identified Risks, Issues, Changes Action Items, Decisions, Dependencies across the ICG businesses, for the update of the program RICADD log used to report progress to all stakeholders
- Participate in tailoring business specific training and support the provision of training where needed, in line with implementation plans.
- Incorporate lessons learned to iterate business process design and documentation, following approved change management processes.
- Support and monitor the CAPs for the project deliverables for ICG; aide in the collation of required artifacts from ICG, to demonstrate closure; escalate any CAP target date slippage to the business so that they can develop and implement mitigating strategies to get back on track.
Development Value:The position provides the opportunity to drive a strategically significant global control process for Citi with an active role in implementing across multiple business lines. The Product Governance Implementation manager will have unparalleled organizational exposure, with visibility into product and service initiatives across all ICG businesses including MSS, TTS, BCMA, CCB, Securities Services and Treasury and extensive interaction with Businesses Seniors, Risk, Control Functions and Legal Vehicle Management.
- 10 years+ relevant experience
- Degree in economics, finance or CFA or FINRA license preferred
- Experience of delivering at least one major project, with positive results, during which s/he applied a structured approach to the successful management, tracking, planning, monitoring and reporting of concurrent, multiple financial services projects spanning broad geographies and organizations
- Solid organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task and ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of the relevant customer, industry and product range (MSS/TTS / BCMA / CCB /SSS and Treasury) with an understanding of risk disciplines (e.g. market risk, credit risk, operational risk management, etc.)
- Experience working with multi-functional partners and internal stakeholders, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills and the ability to build an effective internal network
- Background in process re-engineering and familiarity with project management practices such as defining scope, developing and managing plan, identification and mitigation of risks/issues, executive status reporting to senior leadership preferred
- Integrity, honesty, sound judgment, common sense, and attention to detail
Job Family Group: Project and Program Management
Job Family: Program Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .
View the "" poster. View the .
View the .