As one of the world’s leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, explore your potential at Invesco.
Your Role:Credit Analyst will perform fundamental credit analysis on issuers in the municipal bond market. Primary responsibilities include the development of fundamental credit opinions, assigning internal credit ratings, and establishing credit outlooks for individual municipal borrowers. The analyst will also be responsible for monitoring specific legislative, regulatory, economic, and fiscal developments related to the municipal market. Analyst is expected to actively maintain and communicate internal ratings and other risk assessments to the broader investment team. Coverage responsibilities would ideally reflect the strengths and professional background of the candidate.
You will be responsible for:
- Analyst will be expected to identify, assume and handle credit risks and work effectively with investment team members
- Analyze multiple sectors and issuers within the municipal bond market
- Produce well researched, concise reports for investment professionals
- Maintain appropriate and required documentation in database supporting internal credit opinions
- Actively recommend changes to issuer-specific credit ratings and outlooks
- Communicate optimally with broader investment team
- Build relationships with underwriters, sell-side research, credit rating agencies, professionals of municipal bond issuers and industry organizations
- Perform special projects as required by the broader credit team
The experience you bring:
- Up to ten years of related work experience in fixed-income credit analysis
- Knowledge of municipal credit analysis preferred
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment is essential
- Excellent analytical skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills needed to optimally share knowledge and opinions with the broader investment team
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations despite incomplete information, sometimes under stressful conditions
- Open minded, flexible and willing to listen for other people’s opinions
- Must exhibit appropriate software knowledge of Windows-based applications, with expertise in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; experience with Bloomberg a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or related field
- MBA and/or CFA designation is preferred
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
Health & wellbeing benefits
Parental Leave benefits
Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.