Product Design Manager, Design SystemsAt Zendesk, the design culture starts with our three Danish co-founders and flows outward into every aspect of the organization. From the Scandinavian aesthetic of our workspace, to the way we gather, work, and create—design is an integral part of everyday life at Zendesk. As a product design team we believe in a collaborative working style with a bias towards rapid prototyping, experimentation, and a strong curiosity for our customers and their needs.
What we’re looking forThe Product Design Manager, Design Systems will help shape Zendesk’s Garden Design System and nurture and develop the team. Alongside product design, product management, and engineering peers, you will drive and enact strategy. You’ve crafted beautiful, usable, and robust systems, and understand accessibility and localization. Your track record of fostering design systems contribution, collaboration, and adoption speaks for itself. At heart, you invest in people and relationships—this is what makes you a phenomenal people manager. You know that management isn’t about controlling work, it’s about enabling your team by understanding their needs, setting goals, clearing their path, and investing in their growth.
What will you get to do every day?
- Manage a passionate and hardworking team that makes an outsized impact
- Ensure team processes and tools work for the Garden team, and the people and teams we serve and support
- Be an advocate for the design system at the company level, telling the story of our team mission, and how to best collaborate with us
- Connect with global design, product, and engineering teams to establish UI standards
What you bring to the role
- 2–5 years people management experience
- Many years of professional experience crafting consumer or SaaS applications, including 1–2 years of contributing to a design system
- Excellent listening skills and comfort with ambiguity
- A keen eye for visual nuance coupled with an empathy for generating accessible UI that delights
- An understanding of web implementation technologies. No coding required, but an ability to converse with developers about implementation details is crucial
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.