Ex Libris, a ProQuest Company – Who we are…Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success, Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Support AnalystWe are looking for a motivated, library professional with a strong background in library technologies to join our team of Support Analysts supporting Alma and Primo. As a Support Analyst, you will work in a fast-paced and exciting environment where your contributions will directly impact the success of our customers. Primarily serving librarians, you will leverage a ticketing system to review and address technical issues in a Tier 1 support role.
You will be responsible for providing the first point of contact for all inbound customer inquiries and providing expertise to customers, distributors, and internal stakeholders. The position's main purpose is to diagnose and resolve both technical and product functional inquiries or to handle implementation requirements.
What will I be doing?
- Responding to customer tech-related problems or questions.
- Investigate, diagnose, and addressing application support issues, and documenting ongoing progress via the ticketing systems.
- Identify issues that require investigation by Tier 2, and transferring the case to tier 2 with a detailed description of the finding from the initial investigation
- Work in close collaboration with other internal departments.
- Investigate, report, and document customer issues and/or enhancement requests. Ensure that both internal and external stakeholders are updated as appropriate.
- Report queries, product defects, and feature requests for resolution as appropriate.
- Actively participates in product discussions, working closely with senior members of the team to optimize the customer experience.
- Attend and report on product updates or training sessions as assigned. Maintain current knowledge of products, processors, and feature functionality.
- Authors and maintain product support collaterals as needed to enhance product adoption and usage, including FAQ’s, Technical Tips, technical/functional specifications, etc.
- Collaborate with colleagues across teams to solve issues, improve time to issue resolution, and streamline the overall customer experience.
Reasons you should apply...
1.You enjoy customer service and interaction
2.You're passionate about libraries and technical support
3.If you have a high level of initiative, motivated to enthusiastically and professionally provide the highest level of service.
4.If you enjoy solving puzzles and troubleshooting complex software.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years’ related client service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability and desire to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Proven skills with MS Office Suite of products.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, team player who has the ability to work independently as well.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn new products quickly and to adapt to changes in delivered services.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to work well under stringent deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: gets along well with others.
- Ability to consistently follow predefined guidelines, protocols, and procedures.
- Must be a US citizen or Green Cardholder.
Superstar Candidates will have…
1. Master’s degree in Library Informational Science
2. Experience with XML, Web application development, CSS, SQL or Microsoft Access
3. Experience with tools/services such as Salesforce, Atlassian, Webex and other relevant support systems.
4. Experience with library workflow tools such as OPACs, discovery layers, academic research tools and other bibliographic records systems.
5. Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting in UNIX systems and/or Oracle databases.
Highlights of Working as an Ex Libris Support Analyst
- Work with a leading provider of discovery and library automation solutions:
- Fast-paced and exciting environment that will challenge and develop your troubleshooting skills;
- Gain an understanding of how libraries operate and provide services to their users;
- Develop your technical, time management, and project management skills;
- Improve your communication skills to become a Support Professional.
More to love about becoming an Ex Libris/ ProQuest employee!
- Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
- We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
- We hold fun on-site events
- Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
- We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
- All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
Other important information about this position:
- Once the office re-opens, this position is located in Des Plaines, IL.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Occasional travel is required, less than 5%
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
At Ex Libris, we work hard and have fun doing it. Please consider joining our talented team!!
Link for Forbes Best Mid-Size Employers: https://www.proquest.com/about/news/2018/Forbes-Ranks-ProQuest-Among-Americas-Best-Mid-Size-Employers.html
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)