Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Engineer II position, located in Irvine, California.
Atrial fibrillation (AFIB) is a quivering or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) that can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. 20 million people around the world suffer from AFIB each year. Biosense Webster, Inc. is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders. The company established its leadership in electrophysiology with the development of the first real-time, 3D cardiac mapping and navigation technology, as well as the first electrophysiology catheter. The introduction of the company’s CARTO® 3 System in 2009 revolutionized 3D mapping technology by increasing the accuracy, speed, and efficiency of the cardiac ablation procedure.
The Engineer II performs the assignments designed to continue the development of professional work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables
- Moderate exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
- Supervisor screens assignments for unusual or difficult problems and reviews techniques and procedures to be applied on non-routine work
- Write or update work instructions, part specifications, validation protocols, test reports, service reports, routine reports and correspondence, develop, proof read and update technical documents (ECOs, cPDM, etc.) as needed
- Assignments usually include one or more of the following:
- Equipment design and development
- Test of materials.
- Preparation of specifications
- Process studies
- Research investigations
- Report preparations
- Other activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the specific narrow areas of assignments
- May be assisted by a draftsperson or technician
- Responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local and company regulations/policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance
- Responsible for the purchase or design of equipment that meets health, safety and environmental standards set by the company
- Responsible for performing design reviews and pre-validation assessments to ensure the safe and environmentally sound start-up of new processes
- Practices company safety and quality policies and procedures. Actively requires conformance
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in of Science Degree and generally requires 2-4 years of related experience and/or training; or MS Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel as needed or requested.
- Ability to effectively work at all levels of management and to clearly present information and respond to questions groups of managers, peers, and customers.
- Technical knowledge of equipment and facilities maintenance systems as well as calibration standards, tooling processes and documentation control systems in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Ability to use PC's and associated software (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to manage at least one major project.
- Knowledge of drafting software systems such as AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, tools and techniques of project management.
- Must possess an understanding of theoretical and practical fundamentals and applicable experimental engineering techniques
- Must be able to successfully complete company/department training courses in manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to learn regulatory (GMP) requirements
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must have excellent reading, writing and communication skills in the English language.
- Experience in the medical device or automotive/aerospace industry would be an asset.
- Knowledge of PLC, HMI, and other process control equipment a plus
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma tools and methodology a plus
This position will be based in Irvine, California and requires up to 10% travel, including some light international travel.
- Weekend, overtime and/or off-site work may be required
- The employee is required to wear special garments when working in a clean room environment
- Position required to work with a variety of manufacturing equipment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work near moving parts and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level may be loud
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)