Job categoriesProgramme Management
Department/officeAFR, KEMC, Kenya
Duty stationHome based
Contract typeInternational ICA
Application period16-Sep-2020 to 09-Oct-2020
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
Expand all [+]
The GEF Climate Change Mitigation Unit is seeking services of one (1) consultant...
The GEF Climate Change Mitigation Unit is seeking services of one (1) consultant to support the UNEP Task Manager for Africa in undertaking activities related to the GEF portfolio of Capacity Building Initiative for Transparency (CBIT), mostly for projects in Africa. The consultant is required to deliver on the Global Environment Facility (GEF) portfolio of Climate Change Mitigation projects in development. The consultant will be mainly focused on Capacity Building Initiative for Transparency (CBIT) projects in Africa. Indeed, UNEP is the Implementing Agency of over 30 CBIT projects worldwide, and it continues to receive requests of support from countries in this area. The consultant shall report directly to the Task Manager for Africa, Economy Division/Energy and Climate Branch/GEF Climate Mitigation Unit.
The consultant will: Draft and revise GEF Project Identification ...
The consultant will:
- Draft and revise GEF Project Identification Forms (PIFs) and CEO Endorsement Requests of CBIT projects for submission to the GEF Secretariat;
- Liaise with countries teams and international consultants in drafting PIFs and CEO Endorsement Requests;
- Collect country data on existing baseline on country's capacity and institutional arrangements for climate convention reporting and adjust the scope of CBIT proposals accordingly;
- Assess gaps and needs based on previous countries' National Communications / Biennial Update Reports and any other relevant documents and input the findings in the project scope;
- Respond to comments from internal UNEP Review Committees and GEF Secretariat reviews on PIFs and CEO Endorsement Requests;
- Coordinate the preparation of Project Preparation Grant (PPG) phases; and
- Liaise with the Global Coordination Platform for Transparency to ensure coordination
Advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: Engin...
- Advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Economic, Environmental Policy, Law or in a related field.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree in related studies, combined with an additional 2 years’ experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
Five (5) years of experience in working with National Communications a...
- Five (5) years of experience in working with National Communications and/or Greenhouse Gas Inventories and/or Climate related Monitoring, Reporting and Verification Systems (Transparency) is required.
- Five (5) years of experience in project development and management is required.
- Experience in developing and/or implementing GEF projects is required.
- Experience in working with developing countries and/or international organizations is an asset.
Full working proficiency in English is required. French and/or Portuguese are an...
- Full working proficiency in English is required. French and/or Portuguese are an asset.
Contract type: International Individual Contractor Agreement Contract level: ICS...
Contract type: International Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: ICS 10/ IICA 2
Contract duration: 'One year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability'
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and ex...
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.|
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time Applications ...
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful imp...
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with usUNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
DiversityWith over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonizationUNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Kenya Multi-Country Office (KEMC)UNOPS KEMC helps partners achieve their project goals in sectors including: governance, education, health, the environment, grant management and rural development.
UNOPS KEMC has over twenty years of experience working in East Africa, including large scale infrastructure projects. With a flexible and responsive presence throughout the region, UNOPS is able to scale up rapidly, through various mechanisms into high risk areas which have proven to be beneficial to partners.