Grundfos is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer (Tooling) to join its Engineering team. The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible to introduce, monitor, maintain and improve tooling / fixture specifications on the production line equipment for its proper use in processes, and to handle proper maintenance and administration by the operations staff. The Job Title will collaborate with Production and Maintenance department. This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager and will operate daily out of the San Luis Potosí facility. Relocation for this position cannot be supported.
At Grundfos, we dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. We believe innovation is not only a business opportunity, but an obligation. And what really matters to us is not short-term profit, but the impact we make. By becoming part of our united powerful team, you too can drive this change no matter your role.
What is the job about?Tooling/ Devices
- Responsible for administration, design and specifications for process tooling and devices., using Grundfos standards (SAP, CATIA, ENOVIA).
- Create documents for maintenance and replacement of tooling and devices.
- To improve the consumable use and performance for production.
- Support in consumables and spare parts localization.
- Perform consumable risk analysis related to obsolescence and capacity
- Define manufacturing processes thru methods, tooling, parameters, equipment, etc. for new processes
- Lead VPC’S related to changes or new tooling/devices, participate in VPC’s where other departments (maintenance, purchasing, materials, etc.) have the leading, but where it could affect or interfere the tooling/devices for the process
- Support as team to Process engineers.
- Support in tooling repair or contingency actions in production processes
What do you need to apply? Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineer or other related fields of study. Additionally, have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as manufacturing engineer or process engineer.
- Tooling experience is a must
- Knowledge in welding process, machining, rolling, assembly, forming.
- GD&T Knowledge, drawing interpretation (geometry analysis and tolerances).
- Basis for Lean Manufacturing (VSM, SMED, Std. Work, OEE).
- Knowledge in 3D designing software (CATIA Preferably).
- ** English proficiency
If you would like to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit us on linkedin.com/company/grundfos or youtube.com/user/grundfos
We look forward to hearing from you.