Magna is a mobility technology company, the only automotive supplier with deep systems knowledge and expertise across the entire vehicle that allows us to quickly auto-qualify disruptive technologies form universities, startups, and other industries and bring them to the global market. We are committed to quality and continuous improvement because our products impact millions of people everyday. But we are more than what we make. We are a group of entrepreneurial-minded people whose collective expertise gives us a competitive advantage.
Magna International employs more than 10,000 people in Michigan and is focused on delivering superior value to our customers through innovative processes and World Class Manufacturing.
DexSys is a subsidiary of Norplas Industries under Magna Corporation. DexSys manufactures front and rear facias along with active grill shutters, rockers and actively launching programs.
Role SummaryThis position reports directly to the Mold Process Engineer and is responsible for the general and specific job duties of DexSys as described below:
- Exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- Follow Company policies and display conduct expected of DexSys employees as described in the employee handbook consistent with the Magna Employee Charter.
- Adhere to all safety and health objectives, policies and procedures of DexSys to provide for a safe and healthful workplace. Report all accidents and near misses in a timely manner when they occur.
- Maintain proper ergonomics at all times when performing assigned tasks.
- Clean all assigned work areas after completion of the required work, return all tools to proper storage area at the end of the shift and report any malfunctioning equipment to the Process Team Leader.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed in accordance with Company Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Process Team Leader.
- Initiate machine process, make adjustments within process tolerance and recommend any changes for improved efficiencies to the Molding Process Engineering Manager. This includes but is not limited to crane operation, robotics and injection molding machines.
- Continually monitor all processes related to injection molding to ensure equipment is running smoothly and efficiently.
- Analyze and work to resolve any process problems. Resolve any product non-conformity issues that may arise per the request from the Production Team Leader or Production Manager.
- Assist the Molding Process Engineer in the set-up and start-up of new tools and resins for trial.
- Associate’s Degree in a technical field of study required. Six years work related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree. Work experience combined with current schooling towards degree will be considered.
- Course work relating to injection molding an asset.
- Three years minimum injection molding experience preferred.
- Must have experience processing plastics and setting tools.
- Knowledge of automation systems and controls a must.
This position requires a person to have the ability to perform work while standing or walking a minimum of eight (8) hours a day and
- The ability to lift up to 15 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- The ability to perform work that is below the knees and above the shoulders on an occasional basis.
- Ability to climb stairs is necessary. Good vision at a close distance is required.
- Must be willing to comply with DexSys' Wellness Program. DexSys is a nicotine and tobacco free facility on-site and off-site.