Scientific Advisor Immuno-Oncology
Medical and Regulatory Affairs
- Lysaker, Norway
- Full time
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
About the jobWe are currently seeking a talented and experienced Scientific Advisor to join our medical team in Norway. The Scientific Advisor embody our medical mission in becoming a trusted, agile partner who engages in influential dialogue and delivers timely, high impact data and insights that advance the science or accelerate access, shape medical practice and drive appropriate adoption of BMS medicines.
The Scientific Advisor role is a blend of field-based and office-based time; the proportion depending on the life cycle for the compound/therapeutic area of responsibility. It is anticipated that a Scientific Advisor fulfilling their internal and external duties will spend a minimum of 30-40 percent of their time in the field with external customers. The Scientific Advisor will perform their activities in an ethical and compliant manner, in adherence with all BMS policies and external laws and regulations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:External Environment and Customer Focus
- Develop and maintain strong partnership with Thought Leaders, appropriate HCPs, and access stakeholders, within a given geography to answer scientific, unsolicited product and HEOR related questions. SAs will use various channels for interactions (1:1, group presentation; remote, etc).
- Effectively present information to HCPs, as appropriate, ensuring medical accuracy and compliance with local procedures, ethical and legal guidelines and directives.
- Actively profile the medical landscape and continuously update knowledge and expertise in products, patient treatment trends, unmet medical needs, clinical trials and scientific activities. Understand the competitive landscape and actively prepare to address informational needs of customers.
- Collect and provide meaningful medical insights back to the medical and commercial organizations to be actioned in support of the strategy development.
Manageand Deliver the Medical Plan
- Provide strategic input into the development of Brand plans, develop and execute local Medical Plan and TL Interaction plans.
- Deliver scientifically meaningful medical program proposals and ensure flawless execution of medical activities
- Identify potential speakers for BMS educational programs and ensure that these speakers receive all necessary product and disease state training.
Provide Medical Support
- Contribute to the development and review of medical content within material for external use (as appropriate, consistent with BMS procedural documents and local codes), according to local resource and requirement.
- Contribute to and coordinate the development of the medical / scientific sections of pricing and reimbursement files.
- Contribute to the development of scientific publications or presentations, as appropriate.
- As necessary and appropriate, may support the initial and ongoing medical/scientific area and product specific training and provide key scientific updates to internal stakeholders (Commercial, Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance, Legal, HEOR, Market Access, etc).
Desired competence and experience:
To succeed at BMS you need integrity, innovation, urgency, passion, accountability and inclusion. As Scientific Advisor you need:
- Science graduate, e.g. medical doctor, nurse, pharmacist or PhD, with relevant pharmaceutical, laboratory or diagnostic industry experience, or if not science graduate very experienced pharma industry background combined with a strong track record in effectively communicating and presenting scientific and/or clinical data to research or healthcare professionals
- Experience in relevant therapeutic area and existing network of health care professionals preferred
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Ability to translate scientific or clinical data into compelling messages to help physicians best serve their patients
- Ability to develop trustful collaboration with healthcare professionals and other stakeholders
- Knowledge of clinical trial design and process
- Knowledge of health economy and outcomes research data and the ability to communicate value data
- Knowledge of the national healthcare system and the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent Norwegian and English language skills, spoken and written
- Willingness to travel
What BMS can offer you
At BMS, we support our employees to reach their full potential by learning and growing every day. Employees have the opportunity to take on new challenges within their current role or leading or participating in different company initiatives, sometimes in another country. To hear more about the company culture, .
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender identity, race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Lysaker, Norway