At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people’s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Sales Analyst- Albertsons SoCal/NorCal Divisions in Irvine.
Vision of the role
Analyze customer performance to inform and support sales team in driving business at customer. Pull customer data, track scorecard metrics/customer KPIs, and perform analysis that provide insights to the KAMs and CBMs to shape customer conversations and plans. Input sales/customer information into data systems. Support sales teams with administrative tasks.
■ Pull data and perform analyses to support sales team in growing the business at assigned customers
- Support Sales and Category Management on weekly/monthly data pulls
- Own the weekly data pull for the customer scorecard including volume, share, distribution, bump charts, weekly sales ranks, etc.
- Provide insight on areas of opportunity within team and cross-functional partners
- Deliver on ad hoc requests for additional sales needs regarding data pulls, presentation development, etc.
- Improve forecasting through development and maintenance of monthly customer forecast templates
- Utilize syndicated, panel, or customer data to analyze the business, understand business trends, and provide a point of view on solutions
- Track account-level performance and provide CBM or KAM with adjustment recommendations to hit targets
- Perform analyses to identify new distribution and incremental sales opportunities for given customer(s)
- Run velocity and sales reports in support of customer performance and contract adherence management
- Look across analyses performed by sales support sub-functions and apply insights to specific customer
■ Input information for sales teams into systems
- Support sales on submitting sales plans into trade management system across all categories
- Submit accurate and timely customer promotional contracts
- Input expected trade/shopper spend (total customer plan) for each promo into trade management system
■ Deliver in-store execution performance
- Regularly walk stores to flag and fix issues when needed
- Coordinate with the retail manager, broker organization, and broker organization (Acosta) in order to execute the in-store plans and deliver on KPIs
■ Support sales teams with administrative tasks
- Provide support on contract development and new item form generation
- Ensure deal actualization process
- Assist with customer authorization grids
- Provide backup support for customer plan one-off changes when needed
- Summarize sales reports and analyses for customer reports and presentations
■ Build and execute category plans at specific customers to grow business (if applicable)
- Coordinate selling process for necessary categories at given customer
- Gain a deep understanding of customer needs and priorities within covered categories (e.g., their KPIs, business/category goals, etc.)
- Look for opportunities to gain distribution on new products and improve product exposure (shelf positioning, advertising, and promotions) - including monitoring what competitors are doing
- Negotiate with customer headquarters/category buyers on pricing, new items, and promotions
- Leverage internal resources (category management, customer planning, shopper marketing, etc.) to drive success at customer across covered categories
Ideal candidate will have:
■ 4 year business degree
■ 0 to 2 years work experience
■ Analytical skills and ability to analyze data
■ Proficient in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Powerpoint
■ Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
■ Strong, proven potential leadership skills
■ Excellent attention to detail
■ Ability to organize information
■ Ideally some CPG experience
■ 15 - 25% travel time
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit . Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Advertising, Sales Support, Quality Assurance, QA, Sales, Marketing, Quality, Technology