Share this job
SVGs not supported by this browser.
- SVGs not supported by this browser. Facebook
- SVGs not supported by this browser. Twitter
- SVGs not supported by this browser. LinkedIn
About Kahoot!is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower every child, student and employee to unlock their full learning potential. Our game-based learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share and play learning games that drive compelling engagement. In addition, our family of apps takes math learning to a new level and empowers children to learn to read through play. Launched in 2013, Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. Over the past 12 months, more than 218 million games have been played on the Kahoot! platform with 1.3 billion participating players in 200 countries. The company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US, the UK, France and Finland. Let’s play!
Our K!rewAt Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. Representing 32 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
We’ve been growing steadily over the past year; we joined forces with Dragonbox, the award-winning game-based learning studio and maker of the popular math apps and Poio, the learn-to-read app and now as a team of more than 130, we’re on a mission to make learning awesome together.
Did you know that 97% of the Fortune 500 play Kahoot!? We all have an exciting journey ahead!
Your day at Kahoot!You’ll be working across all the stack at Kahoot!. As a Backend Developer, you will work on products that affect millions of our users using various technologies including large-scale systems, big data platform, and distributed systems. If you’re experienced with various technologies, a fast learner, and focusing on “getting things done”, we’d love to hear from you!
Check out our new where we will be sharing a series of articles contributed by members of our Engineering team.
- Work with the rest of server team to design and build a robust and flexible global platform
- Work with the product teams to help deliver new features and innovations
- Work with the infrastructure team to help enhance our server technologies and deployment processes
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Improve our existing solutions
We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong programming experience in Java
- Programming experience with node.js, Python or Scala
- Experience with Couchbase or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other SQL database
- Linux and scripting experience
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with Git, Git flow and code reviews
BenefitsHere are some of the benefits we provide to our team members:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Travel insurance
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Friday lunch and food contribution
- Subsidized Norwegian language classes
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo
- Friendly, international environment and after-work activities
- Relocation and settling-in assistance
Speaking of relocation – check our page and find out what makes this country awesome!
We look forward to hearing from you!