Purpose of job
- Aligned with the Grundfos Corporate Purchase and regional (APAC) strategies to plan, propose and implement the overall sourcing strategies, targets and supplier portfolio for local categories to drive saving initiatives and supplier development/qualification projects to get result delivered.
- Optimise purchasing within relevant categories across the companies and act as lead negotiator in making cross-company agreements with selected suppliers – or assuring that spend is transferred to group suppliers
- Well rounded skillsets/knowledge for supplier developments/components qualification and technical/process knowledge for industry components.
- Drive strategic initiatives and cost saving projects to get the targeted saving delivered.
- Establish and maintain deep insight into the relevant supplier markets
- Understand the major manufacturing process for major commodity such as casting, machining, motor, etc. understand the drawing and specifications, apply the well round technical/quality knowledge into suppliers identification, qualification and problem solving activities.
- Have the industry knowledge.
- Continuously work on optimisation of the supplier portfolio and cost across the local assembly companies specifically focused on consolidation across companies
- Member of the APAC Purchase Management Team
Key Performance Indicators
- Saving targets at category and/or company level
- Lead and coordinate part number approval process
- Delivery and quality targets at category and/or company level
- Sourcing and SRM strategies and risk management aligned with APAC Purchase
Critical knowledge and experience
- Technical education and manufacturing industry is must, water industry will be plus
- Proven record in negotiation and closing agreements
- Distance management capabilities
- Networker, strong in building relationships and a good collaborator
- Good communicator at all levels
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Result- and action oriented, decision taker
- Self confident
- Expected up to 90 days per year travelling
- Good English abilities
- APAC Purchase Management team
- Operations managers and purchasers
- Technical staff (companies and Group)
- Managers within other function in the companies
- Other relevant, internal stakeholders
Bachelor’s Degree, Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience