Manufacturing Engineer I/II: Hotline Engineering
Manufacturing Engineering at IDS( Integrated Defense Systems) provides the expertise necessary to support schedule, cost, and reliability for the highest quality systems on which our customers around the world depend. Product phases include proposal capture, process development, transition to production, and production support.
Centralized Manufacturing teams include:
- Precision Metal Fabrication
- Large Scale Hardware / Systems Integration
- Harness / Cable Fabrication
- Surface Acoustic Wave Oscillators / Resonators
- Magnetics & Ferrite Assembly
- Missile Forebody / Radome Assembly
- Underwater Sonar & Torpedo Integration
- Circuit Card Assembly
- Advanced Electronic Sub-Assembly
- Cabinet Integration Center
Your experience as a IDS Manufacturing Engineer will position you well for organizational advancement along both technical and managerial career paths. Apply your Manufacturing Engineering expertise to help in protecting our Nation and our Warfighters. Be a part of the future of IDS Manufacturing.
Within Manufacturing Engineering, Hotline Engineering supports all specifications that define product requirements across the Integrated Defense Systems business. We team primarily with IDS's supplier base to safely resolve design issues to get the quality parts we need on time. Hotline Engineers get to collaborate with a wide scope of disciplines including designers, technical leads, and buyers across the country, as well as manufacturing personnel at other companies. Daily work is very paced, challenging, and rewarding. This job is well suited for early engineering professionals to quickly gain a command of overall company roles and responsibilities to assure they excel in future positions.
ThispositioncanbeSalaryGradeG06(ManufacturingEngineerI)orSalaryGrade G07 (ManufacturingEngineer II)based upon the applicant'squalificationsastheyrelateto the skills,leadership,experienceandresponsibilityrequirementsoftheposition. Some local travel will be required.
U.S Citizenship is required, as this position will need a U.S Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Real-time technical support with manufacturers to assure design requirements are clear and correct.
- Troubleshooting drawing issues involving materials, paints and finishes, welding and brazing, GD&T, marking, and testing as they pertain to products such as machined parts, assemblies, and electrical components.
- Daily interfacing with subject matter experts and product owners as required.
- Communicating technical issues across functional areas and documenting technical details in a closed-loop system.
- In-person meetings with internal designers and external manufacturers at local facilities including annual Supplier Conference.
- Encourage the supplier base to engage with our team at the earliest possible phase of production.
Basic Qualifications including Required Education:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree.
- 2 years Experience working in a manufacturing environment (including internships or co-ops)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PPT, Project, Word)
- Technical drawing interpretation, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to work in a teamenvironment
- Organizational skills with fine attention to detail and multitasking capabilities
- ProficiencywithCADsolidmodeling tools (preference for CREO/ProE)
- Hands-onmechanicalaptitudewiththeability to workacrossdisciplines
- Innovativemindsetthatdrivescontinuousimprovement and keepspacewithadvancesintechnology
- Knowledgeandabilitytoapplysixsigmaprinciples and techniques
- Active DoD security clearance (confidential, secret)
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Andover
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.